Aussie - Newbie

Options
pinkcodet
pinkcodet Posts: 10 Member
I have been using MFP now for 2 weeks. I have lost 3kg (6.6 lbs), from 120kg down to 117kg and finding it easy.
I did reduce my calorie limit from MFP's 2000+ down to 1500 calories and am managing that limit, even allowing for the odd beer or glass of wine.
I am also starting the day with 500mls of lemon juice and a tablespoon of Apple Cider vinegar to "balance the acidity" and help burn the belly fat.
Initially I was not having enough fluid so have increased that by having Metamucil, water & tea. Not sure if I am having 2 litres per day but it appears to be working.
My first goal is to get from 127mm waist jeans into 122mm waist jeans by my birthday, 12 June.
Thanks to my friend mgobluetx12 for her encouragement.

Replies

• GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    @pinkcodet sounds like you are off to a great start. The more I learn the more I learn how little I know about eating for health. :)

Welcome to MFP forums.
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Australian here too keep it up!
  • pinkcodet
    Options
    Thank you both.
    I do use "the CSIRO total wellbeing guide" as a reference but do not use any of the meal plans or recipes. At the moment just having what I want when I want and limiting the calories.
    Plan on dropping the allowed calories when 1500 per day stops doing the job for me. At 1500 I am having as much as I want and it is working being mindful that it is only day 16.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    500ml of lemon juice?? Yowsers, that's a massive amount! I sometimes add 2TBS to 1.5L of water.

Just an FYI the lemon juice and ACV wont help with burning belly fat unfortunately. It may however fast track tooth enamel erosion.
  • FitToLead
    FitToLead Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Hi there from another Aussie.

Yeah, lemon juice is great for many reasons, just make sure you clean your teeth straight afterward, always.. I know people who've ruined their teeth enamel from drinking lemon juice.
  • the_new_mark_2017
    the_new_mark_2017 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Aussie here also mate, feel free to add me to keep each other motivated.
  • pinkcodet
    Options
    Oops, please accept my apology, It is not 500ml of lemon juice its 500ml of lemon water (1 lemon infusing about 2-3 litres of water). Also in the infusion mix is about a thumbsize piece of ginger and a few mint leaves, both smashed in a mortar and pestle to let out the flavour.
  • pinkcodet
    Options
    Woohoo!! Going out to lunch today with some very old and dear friends.
    Thought my 127mm waist jeans were a little tardy as they are frayed at the bottom of my right leg.
    Thought I would try on my 122's and they fitted.
    First goal was to get into them by my birthday and it happened 16 days early.
    Maybe I can be extremely diligent and make the 117's by then?
    I am absolutely amazed with this progress. Thanks to MFP and you all for your support and encouragement.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Awesomness, way to go! It's such a great feeling :smiley:
  • pinkcodet
    Options
    Today is my 70th birthday. I made it into my 122 waist jeans 2 weeks ago and am continuing to lose but only slowly and will not make it into the 117's for our small party this afternoon. I am continuing at being comfortable with my new lifestyle. Thanks again to all those who have supported me.
  • ReneeR85
    ReneeR85 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Another Aussie here too!! Wow your doing so great! I hope you had a great birthday!!! I wish my dad had that much drive to help himself!