Avoiding bariatric surgery

Options
2»

Replies

• amanda000002014
    amanda000002014 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Be careful my mom almost died because of a bariatric surgery.
  • Angelfire365
    Angelfire365 Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    wadwrich wrote: »
    That's great @joseccastaneda. If I eat one slice, I eat the whole pie. I hope you continue your success. I'm going to.

I feel the same way @LisaKay91.

I know how you feel about the pizza, but take heart. I started at 280lbs, and had the same feeling towards food. Now I'm down to 200, and I'm starting to be able to just eat one slice and walk away. It's hard, but doable.

Ice cream on the other hand, I could eat until I'm sick... Lol! Shoot me a friend request if you like! I have faith that you're going to be just fine!
  • wadwrich
    wadwrich Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    @samhennings Very encouraging words. Thank you.
  • caroldavison332
    caroldavison332 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Vcld?
  • suzyjane1972
    suzyjane1972 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Vcld?

Vlcd very low calorie diet.
  • neomellojenn
    neomellojenn Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am on day 12 of my journey. I have about 140lbs to lose. I post my struggles on my profile. Add me.

I'm a single mom and veteran who is socially isolated much of the time. I could really use as many friends as I can get.
  • marelthu
    marelthu Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    wadwrich wrote: »
    New poster. I'm 33 and started around 315 lbs. 15 days ago. My bp was consistently around 150/100. It took putting me on 5 different medications just to get it down to 135/85. I was scheduled for bariatric surgery next Monday, but because I have a whole year that I am eligible I decided to give myself one last chance before taking those drastic measures. I am following a very low calorie bariatric diet. I figured if I would have to do it after surgery, why can't I do it now? I just need to break my food addiction and make a drastic change quickly. After just 2 weeks I am down to 293. My bp stays around 130/80; less in the morning. My mobility has improved. I'm not so hot all the time. My back doesn't hurt in the morning. Things are looking up. I know a vlcd isn't sustainable, but I just need to get in a better place before I start trying to eat "normal" again. Encouragement is welcome. I don't mind criticism, as long as it's out of a place of concern and not just to tell me how I'm doing it all wrong. Wish me luck and continued success.

Hi Wadwrich,
    I'd love to know where you are with this now. I'm in a program that will someday lead to bariatric surgery but I'm starting to feel more and more that I don't want to go that way. I've lost 21 pounds on my own sticking to 1300 calories a day. I'm feeling good and emotionally strong and I really want to do this on my own. Having said that, I'm terrified I will fall off the wagon in a couple of months since I've done it before. But bariatric surgery seems like such an extreme choice.

Did you end up having the surgery? If not, how are you doing with your weight loss?
  • Shull_rachael
    Shull_rachael Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    That's amazing! I'm having surgery in May. But the fact you're doing it without it that's awesome!
  • tabletop_joe
    tabletop_joe Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    OP You are awesome and have a rad beard. Friend me, I am very supportive. B)