Just joined today

Options
I've used the Fitness Pal app off and on a few times over the last few years but seem to always drift away from it. Today I decided to start over and give it a really good try. This is the first time I realized there were groups and message boards and communities associated with this so maybe that will be the key to staying on track. I'm 47 and live in Northern Kentucky. I have struggled with my weight off and on all my life. The last five years or so have been mostly good for me in the struggle, but the last year I've really fallen off. Actually the last year and a half. I had a knee surgery in August of 2014 and seem to have been off track sense then. I need to realistically lose about 50 pounds to put me where I am most comfortable. Looking forward to getting to know some others here and what works for you. Feel free to add me as a friend as I am once again a newbie and have none at the moment.

Replies

• alongstory1982
    alongstory1982 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'll be your friend, I'm 33, live in Colorado and just got married 4 weeks ago.
    I am 5'1 and 126 lbs. My new goal in life is to make this fun and not a chore.
  • cakelaide
    cakelaide Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. It always good to have buddies to motivate and support you
  • dwhitaker672
    dwhitaker672 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    just added you both. Look forward to getting to know you :)
  • tboz08202016
    tboz08202016 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'm 47 from Iowa. I've recently lost 36 pounds using MFP and my goal is to lose at least 40 more pounds. My yo yo weight days are hopefully over...

Here's to health
  • dwhitaker672
    dwhitaker672 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Congrats on losing 40 pds, that is awesome!
  • SonFlowerTC
    SonFlowerTC Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just started again too! I have a Fitbit scale so I have been weighing myself off and on for the past year! More off when I've been stressed! I just passed a major exam so I can relax a little. I weigh the same as I did a year ago! My goal is to lose my spare tire and tighten up my arms! I'm 5'1 and weigh 129! I can't fit into some of my pants, ych! I'm trying to find some fit conscious friends too!
  • upwithalyssa
    upwithalyssa Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm not a newbie but am in a bit of a slump with my friends list and motivation. Looking to add some new MFPs! I'm 35,live in NJ, am married and have a 5 and 1 year old. Looking forward to encouraging you on this journey!
  • lcdoglover
    lcdoglover Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hey! 38 working on weight loss and health. Add me if you want support and encouragement in your goals! The support aspect of this site is really helpful.
  • fattynomore78
    fattynomore78 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I could use all the support and motivation as I'm currently working on losing slot of weight so I can feel good about myself and not feel so ugly and buy clothes that are nice and etc, please feel free to add me
  • amyn73
    amyn73 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Add me! Central Illinois here..43 years old and loving my healthier lifestyle already. :)
  • melbmom
    melbmom Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've also been here before and, like you, have used the site on and off for quite awhile. I start out strong and motivated, but for some reason, always seem to lose focus and give up. Maybe with the help of others I can also stick with it this time and finally lose the weight. Add me as well! Looking forward to the motivation and support!
  • hasbell2
    hasbell2 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'll be your friend, I'm 33, live in Colorado and just got married 4 weeks ago.
    I am 5'1 and 126 lbs. My new goal in life is to make this fun and not a chore.

• hasbell2
    hasbell2 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! :)
  • AnnetteUK2016
    AnnetteUK2016 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi this is my second time with mfp and like you want to give it a really good try. Lost 4 kg so far. Feel free to add. Mutual support & motivation all helps!
  • mel_issa1717
    mel_issa1717 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    This is also another go around for me, I've never fully committed to counting my calories etc so this time will be different! Please add me if you're active on the site and looking for motivation buddies!
  • mpkanewske
    mpkanewske Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Friended! I need motivation too :)