100 pounds to lose

Options
tiffanymarie236
tiffanymarie236 Posts: 2 Member
edited June 2016 in Introduce Yourself
Hello there! I just started using my fitness pal seriously I may say. I am 26 years old and I am 240 pounds. I have never been this heavy and went through a hard phase in my life recently and haven't really tried or realized the weight I have gained. Suggestions on how to start and what to look for when planning meals throughout the day? Please and thank you for your help and support. I am also seeing a trainer at the gym on Monday to get a good exercise plan going. I would like to reach a goal of 140-150 pounds. -Tiffany. Please feel free to add me!

Replies

• manofsteel808
    manofsteel808 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You got this....
  • DevonZimmerman
    DevonZimmerman Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    With hardwork and dedication you can do this!!! Set your calorie intake to 1,200-1,500 calories. But a meal replacement shake mix and eat it for dinner or lunch.. eat low carbs, NO SUGAR or SODA!! Eat the rainbow.
  • tiffanymarie236
    tiffanymarie236 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I never tried the replacement shakes but I will def try it!
  • tryett
    tryett Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    You don't need meal replacement shakes. Just plan out your meals. I have 80-100 to lose. I used some of those a couple years back. They don't teach you portion control and most people regain the weight once they stop using them.
  • flatcoatedR
    flatcoatedR Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. You can do this. Just pick your calorie amount and track "everything" you eat into MFP. I've loss 60 lbs with MFP since Jan 4th of this year. I still have 112 lbs yet to lose. I eat 1200 cal a day, eat mostly anything I want (I just work it within my 1200 and try to choose healthier choices ), drink lots of water, and watch my carbs and sugar abit, I drink a protein drink every morning, mostly because I start work at 6 am and I dont want to eat anything that early, but then I'll have a snack later on in the morning, I haven't started exercising much yet, but plan on starting a walking program this week. If you have a not so good day of eating, the biggest and most important tip I can offer you that I have finally got in my thick head after years and years of dieting is, "Get Right Back On It The Next Day". Don't let the quilt of one slip, meal, or even a binge derail your from your dreams of being thin and healthy. Good Luck.
  • brandyg9
    brandyg9 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You can do this just remember to be accountable for everything you eat your only cheating on yourself if you don't track it
  • CrabbyCancerMama
    CrabbyCancerMama Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm Stacy from Ohio I want to lose 100lbs. so far since mid January I'm down 40lbs. everyday is hard and I hate the gym but I know it's the only thing that works. feel free to add me