Continuing to eat Daily calories AFTER Goal Weight?

Options
Hi everyone,

I was given 1,200 calories per day to eat on MFP, and I can easily see myself continuing to eat this number for years to come.

The problem for me is, I should reach my goal weight in around 3 months.

I'm 4'9" so please don't assume anything about my goal weight though! xD

I used to eat around 3,000 calories per day due to LOTS of whole milk, candy, and...overeating due to boredom/stress. Simply cutting that stuff out left me at around 1,200 calories per day.

I realized through this diet, I want to continue to eat healthy, but I already find it difficult to eat 1,200 calories per day...If I continue to eat 1,200 calories per day AFTER reaching my Goal Weight, will I continue to lose weight....
Or will my body eventually stop losing weight when it is at a healthy point?

Thank you so much!

Replies

• mommykismet
    Options
    you'll continue to lose most likely. I hit my goal and had to up my calories. I was eatting 1500 about a day and now eat about 1700 to maintain, occasionally if I stray too much I go back down to 1500 to get back on track and keep the weight loss. I had to be careful because I didn't stop losing... I found after I added the calories in it was easy to eat them. I had thought it would be hard, but the funny thing is that it wasn't...I just always feel I'm over eatting now. Good luck!
  • Mommyof3texans
    Options
    You can eat more and still eat healthy but including some healthy fats/proteins into your diet like avocado, olive oil, almonds, walnuts, eggs, etc. Those things can add calories quickly without feeling like you've eaten a ton of food.