Check my diary, suggest some food..

Options
bms34b
bms34b Posts: 401 Member
Alright. So I've not eaten enough today and I am genuinely not craving any food.

What should I eat? You can see in my diary that I've added some extra quick add calories that I haven't actually eaten. (One being my over-eating from yesterday and one being half of my exercise calories - these are non-negotiable for today.)

I know nuts are good but I'm really not hungry for those, I don't think I could even get them down. What should I do, MFPers?

Also - Usually I'd go for something sugary or wait and eat later, but I'm trying to curb the sucrose and also will be heading to bed at about 9 or 9:30.

Replies

• daylitemag
    daylitemag Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    How about a hard boiled egg? Not exactly exciting, but tasty and very filling. No carbs, pure protein, lo-cal.
  • bms34b
    bms34b Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Sounds fine, but I am trying to get a few more calories in. Not the 700+ that MFP is suggesting, but maybe 200-300ish.
  • grandmanita
    grandmanita Posts: 59 Member
    Options

I know nuts are good but I'm really not hungry for those, I don't think I could even get them down. What should I do, MFPers?

How about a peanut butter sandwich or toast?
  • RLB178
    RLB178 Posts: 8
    Options
    Try a green salad with lite or fat free ranch! Throw some mushrooms, cucumbers, that hard boiled egg earlier suggested, a slice or two of deli meat and you'll be right in that range.
  • LifesPilgrim
    LifesPilgrim Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    vegetables or crakers with hummus or peanut butter is good. You could also have some yogurt with granola. Lots of options for you!
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Looking back through your diary, if your days looked as good as 'Monday June 20, 2011", you'd be rockin'! I just noticed that you are really light on fruits and vegetables this past week. Fruits and vegetables can really add wholesome, healthy calories to your count. Don't eat calories just for the sake of adding them up. The quality of your food is much more important. Good luck!