Do you have a Play List??

Options
Hello All,

While running, jogging or doing whatever it is you do to stay fit, what songs are on your play list to motivate you to keep moving?

Replies

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I have a bunch of different podcasts on Stitcher favorited and listen to that.

I listened to Stuff You Missed in History Class and The Sporkful during my run and finished an episode of Criminal on the short walk home.
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    I use occasionally. . .
    Current occupiers include, but not limited to:
    • Falling Up (Good Morning Planetarium, Broken Heart[Ghosts of Seaside], Islander)
    • 7eventh Time Down (God Is on the Move, The One I'm Running To)
    • Thousand Foot Krutch (Phenomenon, Courtesy Call)
    • Red (The Ever, Lost, Lie To Me, Gravity Lies)
    • Sleeping Giant (Tithemi, Victory, Morningstar)
    • Fireflight (Unbreakable, Brand New Day, All I need to Be <3)
    • Royal Tailor (Remain, Ready-Set-Go)
    • Plumb (Exhale, Lord I'm Ready Now, Say Your Name)
    • VERIDIA (all their songs. . .)
  • Wicked_Seraph
    Wicked_Seraph Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I have a specific playlist for runs - and other exercises.

Some songs that REALLY help push me a bit further:
      * "New Bodhum (Aggressive Mix)" - Origa * "Formation" - Beyonce * "Voodoo Doll" - VIXX * "HOT MUSIK" - Miura Daichi * "VR Training" - Zone of the Enders OST * "Hello B**ches" - CL * "Monster" - Kanye West * "Bleed" - Meshuggah * "The Brainwasher" - Daft Punk
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    OP, what is your running cadence? It might be beneficial to you to create a playlist of songs that match. I run at 180 steps per minute (90 right and 90 left) so I have a playlist that is made of songs at that same number of beats per minute when I especially want to be motivated. A few songs I can think of off the top of my head at that BPM are Rock Lobster - B52s, Madness - Muse, La Vida Loca - Ricky Martin, Oh My God - Kaiser Chiefs, Santeria - Sublime, The Distance - Cake, Trip Switch - Nothing But Thieves and Lazaretto - Jack White.

You can just do a web search for your particular cadence and get a list.
  • PrettyandFocused
    PrettyandFocused Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    There is a Beyonce workout playlist on Spotify. I listen to that often. I also created one to take into consideration of my warm up and cool down.
  • mommarnurse
    mommarnurse Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    There's a running music Pandora station that I have no idea how it took me so long to find. I've been on it for a week. It's amazing!!
  • soypup
    soypup Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have 123 songs in my playlist. :-) Here are some that consistently get me through. Then tell us what's in your playlist.

Animals- Martin Garrix
    Tsunami- DVBB
    Gecko- Oliver Heldens
    Supernaut- 1,000 Homo DJ's
    Just Like Heaven- The Cure
  • KiyaK
    KiyaK Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I lift & use the Spotify playlist "Rock Hard." Makes me feel like a badass.
  • HeatherLeAnn622
    HeatherLeAnn622 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    My playlist includes mostly metal. I don't normally just listen to metal in my day to day but I do enjoy it, especially while working out:

1. I've got 4 KoRn albums
    2. Meytal-Alchemy
    3. 2 Chevelle albums
    4. 311greatist hits. - No they're not technically metal but I love them.
    5. A couple of other random upbeat songs. (Shakira, my guilty pleasure. "Gordita", "Rabiosa", and "Loca")
  • Smurfe04
    Smurfe04 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I am just getting started in fitness and weight loss. I try to do a 5K walk every evening. I listen to the same album on Spotify every walk. Kyuss: Muchas Gracias: The Best of Kyuss. I love this band and the album length is exact for my pace to walk 5K. I haven't really looked into playlists yet. Normally just listen to whole albums. I need to explore some Spotify playlists though. As a musician, I like all types of music.