Green tea and weight loss

Options
Any connection between the two? I hear about it all the time and was wondering if anybody's had some results. Share please!

Replies

• SammyPacks
    SammyPacks Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    LOL! LOVE YOUR SIGNATURE! Haha!!!

Well... I know that green tea is a form of detox for the body... and extremely healthy for you.

I don't know a whole lot exactly about it, but I had a friend who quit sodas and who actually hates to drink water... and he use to be extremely overweight but after 2 years of quitting all drinks really besides his green tea he lost over 40 pounds o_o... nor did he change his eating habits only did he do a little bit more exercising. You know... just living life, and drinking green tea... he lost those 40 pounds.
  • Altiv
    Altiv Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of articles that claim that drinking green tea will make you lose weight... personally (because it's winter where I live) I've been drinking over 5 cups of green tea per day, but haven't gained nor lost any weight at all.
  • capal2
    capal2 Posts: 7
    Options
    I drink lots of green tea every day, and have for a long time. I'd say the green tea alone has had zero effect on my weight, loss or gain. But it is supposed to have many health benefits, so I'm sure combined with other healthy changes in diet and exercise habits, it could help. But then again, I'd argue that it's the diet and exercise that aided weightloss, not the green tea. Haha. But it's delicious and I love it, so give it a try!
  • mdgracia
    mdgracia Posts: 20
    Options
    I drink green tea everyday. i am not sure if it is helping with the weight loss, but I will say I seem to have more energy. My skin looks clearer too, but that could be from the vitamin D and B complex too. My doctor recommended 2 cups per day, but I drink 32 ounces per day in addition to my water. I started buying it loose at Central Market and mixing in some fruit slices (orange or strawberry) to change up the flavor. I put it in a filter in my coffee maker with the fruit slices and let it brew. I then mix in water (1/2 and 1/2) and put it in the fridge overnight so it is nice and cold for the next day. You could drink it hot or cold. If you want it sweeter, you can add Stevia, but I think it is sweet enough with the fruit slices brewed in.