New-need support

Options
I am 50 plus and need to lose weight. I signed on 2 months ago and haven't done anything to lose and have put weight on.Need to lose close to 100 pounds and need help getting motivated and staying motivated.

Replies

• jerobins
    jerobins Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    hey Kathy..................... write down everything you eat and drink to start with. Whe I started this last June, I would weigh,measure and write everything ina journal/ notebook. I am on my third book. Just start out slow,one dayat a time. My first week I lost 2 pounds. I thought maybe there is something to keeping a journal.
    Let me know if I can help in any other way. I have loss 46 pounds so far. I want another 30 off by Christmas.
    I know you can do this. :smile:
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    YOU CAN DO IT!!!!! This site has so many people that are supportive and encouraging! Be sure to utilize all the tools and view this as a life style change, not just as away to lose weight. You need to be able to live with the changes that work and not suffer. Feel free to add me. I'll motivate and encourage you as much as I can!!!
  • Nana_Anne
    Nana_Anne Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site :) I have close to a hundred. This is a great place and I have found many people who are suppotive and encouraging. I just keep my food diary minimized on my computer and add whenever I eat as not to forget. You can friend me if you like.
  • jerobins
    jerobins Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Kathy I know just how hard this is for you. :smile: I had never weighed over the 200 mark and then when I saw it on my scale, I...........:cry:
    So after coming back from vacation last June, I started to do things on my own. But I had help from my daughter in Minnesota. She was doing what I am doing now. She got me going. :flowerforyou:
    I bought myself a scale from Target and a few notebooks for my journal. I started to weigh, measure and write down everything I ate and drank. After my first week I had lost 2 pounds. As of today I am down 46 pounds and I have another 20 to 30 to go. :blushing: I also still enjoy all my favorite foods and desserts but in smaller portions. That way I don't feel like this is a diet but a life style change for me. Please let me know if I can help you in any other way. We are in this together. :bigsmile: