Balling at the work outs but sucking at the healthy eating

Options
Hey guys!

So about a month ago I started working out (cardio but mostly weights) and I've been quite disciplined about it, going every 2nd day! Pretty proud of myself for that.. What I'm not proud of though, are my eating habits, I just can't seem to get a hang of it and although I've been working out a lot and not eating more than before I managed to gain 6 - 7 pounds in 3 weeks.. WTH!
My goal is to lose about 40 lbs.
Anyone on here with me?!

Replies

• batpad91
    batpad91 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Oh good God, I know exactly how you feel! I'm also looking to lose 40lbs. I can't resist the 'fridge raids', and if I go out to a restaurant I always have the whole "If I'm going to pay for it, I might as well make it worth while"!

What kind of eating habits do you mean? For me, it's definitely comfort / stress eating. Friend request going your way for support, and I'm also open to adds for motivation!

Emma x
  • juliee2705
    juliee2705 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yes exactly!! I am too an emotional eater, when I'm sad I eat, when I'm mad I eat, when I'm happy I eat as well. Sometimes I manage to eat below the 1250 calories and the next day I splurge and have terrible snacks Inbetween!
    I tried keeping the calorie count low by drinking diet shakes and only eating once a day which worked for a couple of days! But soon had a throwback and went on a food rant!

Yes, do that!

Yulia x
  • ofcsfoster36
    ofcsfoster36 Posts: 50 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I am there with you I am a boredom eater. I have started where my fridge is only packed with healthy choices. So if I do crave something to eat I grab an apple or some other variation of fruits and veggies. Also I have found that eating foods high in fiber and drinking lots of water has help keep me fuller and not desiring to eat as much. Chewing gum also has been a lifesaver. One thing I forgot is I had to eliminate fake sugar items from my diet. I.e. Diet sodas crystal light etc. those drinks made my body crave sugar because I was filling it in thinking I was getting sugar but only putting artificial sweeteners in.
  • jackdocker98
    jackdocker98 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    What sort of food are you snacking on if you don't mind me asking? Also you have probably gained muscle from going to the gym as frequently as you are, i wouldn't worry everyone puts on weight during a diet, it's just one of those things!
  • TriniGamerShaq
    TriniGamerShaq Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Add me, I'm no professional by any means but maybe some tricks I thought myself could help you out.
  • sydneyg1122
    sydneyg1122 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm not the healthiest eater, but I've been eating much healthier than before! What I've done is when I go to the gym Saturday or Sunday, I go to Publix right after! That way, you feel good about working out and are less likely to buy junk while there... Aka less likely to have junk food while snacking at home!