I lost 6 stone with MFP... Almost 2 years travelling later...

Options
LuceC92
LuceC92 Posts: 16 Member
Hi guys, my name is Lucy and I'm from Newcastle, UK.

I joined MFP a while ago when I started my weight loss journey. I was 17stone 4 and obese.

MFP encouraged me to think about what I was putting into my body and helped me make the right decisions each and every day. I lost 6 stone with MFP over 2 years and was a completely different person. I found myself doing things I could have only dreamed of with my new found confidence and love for my body.

I went travelling in Sept 2014 and stopped using MFP. I stopped tracking calories and even thinking about what I was eating and doing very little exercise. I was in 'holiday mode' for a loonnng time! And yes I did have the BEST time of my life, trying amazing foods from different cultures. But I found myself slipping back to my old ways, over eating - binging etc which meant before I knew it I had put 3 stone back on!

Most of the people that kept me motivated on here a few years ago have long gone from here and moved away from the app so I am looking for friendly motivated people with a positive attitude to join this journey with me and support each other. Please feel free to add me, would be lovely to chat to some of you beautiful people! <3<3

Replies

• Colt1835
    Colt1835 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Newcastle is one of my favorite beers.
  • indigorays
    indigorays Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi Luce!! I'm over in America, and though we're miles away, we have similar stories. When I first started mfp, I lost 35 pounds (which I believe is around 2.5 stone!) and life was good. But working full time in Special education and going to school full time has caused me to gain 45 pounds!! I stress eat and I haven't been very mindful of what I've been eating. Now is the time we get back at it and work to achieve our goals. Best of luck to you!!
    Xoxox Dee
  • LuceC92
    LuceC92 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    indigorays wrote: »
    Hi Luce!! I'm over in America, and though we're miles away, we have similar stories. When I first started mfp, I lost 35 pounds (which I believe is around 2.5 stone!) and life was good. But working full time in Special education and going to school full time has caused me to gain 45 pounds!! I stress eat and I haven't been very mindful of what I've been eating. Now is the time we get back at it and work to achieve our goals. Best of luck to you!!
    Xoxox Dee

Thanks for your comment Dee! I also stress eat and it just gets harder and sometimes feels like the more you want to lose weight the more you eat because you don't see results straight away! Let's get focused and put our minds to it we can do it!!! Good luck to you also xx