Newbie from Texas

txjenn1
txjenn1 Posts: 24
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone. I love this site and how easy it is to use! I'm trying really hard to make positive changes in my life and I'm happy to see how everyone here supports each other. I have to admit that I'm vain and the main reason I want to lose weight is to look good again. I'm the fat girl in the group and I hate it because I used to be the skinny one in the group! Anyway, years of yo-yo dieting and just plain giving up on my weight have taken a toll and I'm the heaviest I've ever been. My goal is to lose 77 pounds. I'm 39 years old and married with two teenagers. My 18 year old son was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes in August - that alone has caused me to clean out the cabinets and to change the way I shop and cook. I hope to help my whole family be healthier. Wish me luck!

PS: I'm also looking forward to making new friends via this board! :smile:

Replies

• txjenn1
    Hi everyone. I love this site and how easy it is to use! I'm trying really hard to make positive changes in my life and I'm happy to see how everyone here supports each other. I have to admit that I'm vain and the main reason I want to lose weight is to look good again. I'm the fat girl in the group and I hate it because I used to be the skinny one in the group! Anyway, years of yo-yo dieting and just plain giving up on my weight have taken a toll and I'm the heaviest I've ever been. My goal is to lose 77 pounds. I'm 39 years old and married with two teenagers. My 18 year old son was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes in August - that alone has caused me to clean out the cabinets and to change the way I shop and cook. I hope to help my whole family be healthier. Wish me luck!

PS: I'm also looking forward to making new friends via this board! :smile:
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Welcome to MFP - this really is a great site and is a great place to make new friends with like goals, pitfalls, and successes. I am also from Texas - born and raised in the west Texas oilfields... Been in the New Orleans area for the last 13 years - But just went to Tx for Christmas and had a blast with all my family back home.... Anyway, we all here for you:flowerforyou: Good Luck!!!!!:bigsmile:
  • Welcome....I'm new too and I went to school in Texas! I miss it especially right now while its freezing up here in CT!
  • pford03
    pford03 Posts: 27
    Hi there! I'm a transplanted Texan living in Arkansas and have been using MFP for about a week. I've loved that I can ask a question on here and not feel stupid. Everyone is great. I know you'll enjoy meeting new people on here. My family has a history of type 2 diabetes, so I can relate to that and the fat gir/skinny girl. I was always active in school and didn't have to worry about weight. I hit 40 and now I have to watch everything I eat. I know that with the support of the wonderful folks here and my family I'm going to reach my goal and you will too!!
  • txjenn1
    Thanks everyone. You are all already AWESOME! hehehe
  • hi from sydney australia and good luck with yr goals
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    welcome ms. texan! Join the club and ask away any question. We are a fun bunch here!
  • I am also a newbie from Texas. Just joined about 5 minutes ago.
  • Periphria
    Periphria Posts: 358
    Welcome to the group. From Canada
  • Hi and welcome. I am a Texas transplant too. I am missing those mild winters right now...up in PA dealing with downright frigid temps!
  • Hi and welcome. I am a Texas transplant too. I am missing those mild winters right now...up in PA dealing with downright frigid temps!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    A friend told me about this site and it is the best thing I ever could have done was join here, I tell all my friends about it when they ask me how I am losing weight. I have been here since Decemeber 31st, but I officially started on New Years Day and I have already lost 13 pounds, but it not just that, I have way more energy than I did before I started.
This discussion has been closed.