Low Calorie "Ice Creams"

Options
Ice creams is in quotes because well they technically aren't ice cream but they are close enough for me! I have found 2 brands that let me eat a pint (yes a full pint) for under 250 calories (depending on the flavor). If you are an ice cream fiend like I am you might want to check out the Arctic Zero or Halo Top brands.

Replies

• ClarissaMcDaniel
    ClarissaMcDaniel Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I will have to check out the Yasso bars. I like flavored Greek yogurt. I am really into the Arctic Zero Creamy pints right now. I like the Cookie Shake flavor. The entire pint only has 150 calories. I can either portion it out or if I'm having a really bad day I can sit down and eat the entire pint without having to feel too guilty.
  • ClarissaMcDaniel
    ClarissaMcDaniel Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Halo Top has more calories at 240 (for some flavors, 300 calories for other flavors) but has almost twice the amount of protein. I'd say the extra calories are worth it.
  • svel713
    svel713 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Halo Top, definitely. One pint has 75% less calories than the average Ben and Jerry's pint, and is around 50 cents cheaper in my area. Be sure to check their website to see if its sold near you. Surprisingly, I can only find it at Kroger around here and its not sold at our city's Whole Foods.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Halo top for sure. They crush artic zero
  • cecsav1
    cecsav1 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I make my own. I mix 112 g Greek yogurt with 1 scoop (32 g) protein powder and freeze. 215 calories, 2 g fat, 15 g carbs, and 34 g protein. It's yummy, I can make whatever flavor I want, and it's a lot cheaper.
  • Ws2016
    Ws2016 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Edy's slow churn is 120 calories per half cut which is a reasonably sized scoop. 170 c's with a sugar cone.
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Arctic zero is disgusting milk-icey sadness (it tastes like frozen milk-flavored water). If I want ice cream, I might have a Yasso or Enlightened bar instead (the Englightened brand fits my macros better, but only one store carries them and I have to drive 20-25 minutes to get to that store), or I have some frozen fruit with sweetener and some whipped cream if it fits into my macros (I love frozen berries).

Dannon's light and fit mousse also tastes pretty good frozen, though it's nothing like ice cream (then again, I'm a weirdo who would choose frozen fruit over ice cream). I also really like Outshine's creamy coconut bars, though again it's not like ice cream.
  • Antmaril
    Antmaril Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Yasso Greek Yogurt Bars in Sea Salt Caramel are the bomb! 100 delicious calories. They are always in my freezer.
  • sashayoung72
    sashayoung72 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I prefer individual wrapped (i still weigh to double check) but i'd rather have QUALITY than quantity. I was hearing all this great stuff about arctic zero and was soooooo disappointed, absolutely tasteless! I got a s'mores Ice cream sandwich and it was a good size and was 200 or i like the drumstick brand. If I buy a pint, i'm gonna eat a pint.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    I really like the skinny cow ice cream sandwiches for 150 calories.
    I've never tried Halo Top (can't find it) but I've heard good things!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Halo Top is great. Doesn't need to be doctored up. I eat Arctic Zero all the time though. It gets bashed on here a lot but hey, I'm a short girl who can't eat very much to maintain weight...and I love to eat A LOT. So I got used to it and really like it with powdered PB or a crushed up oreo. By the time I add stuff the Halo Top and AZ end up having the same amount of calories, but I like being able to control flavor/toppings.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I bought an ice cream maker to try to make macro friendly ice cream but have no patience for it. And I was never willing to add enough fat to make it work out well. But I think some might like it.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I love the Yasso fudge bars but I tried the coconut ones a year ago and they ended up in the trash.

Halo Top is ok if you can get past the strong Stevia taste and I highly recommend NOT eating the whole pint for, um, intestinal reasons (not that I'm speaking from experience or anything). Honestly I found it delicious the first time because my expectations were low, but I was disappointed the second time (same flavor - vanilla).

I haven't tried Enlightened because the price tag is scaring me off.
  • xjessicaxrx
    xjessicaxrx Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    A Solero is around 92 calories for a full size ice cream
  • rsb1023
    rsb1023 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Halo top does not taste like ice cream. I've tried a couple of flavors after my sister recommended it to me I could
    not finish either pint they were so bad. I'll have to give the Yasso bars a try.
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    I like real ice cream. I can get delicious mochi from Trader Joe's for 100 calories each, Dryer's mini-cups for 160, or Ben & Jerry's & Haagen Dasz mini cups for about 260. Worth every calorie. I slowly savor them and am completely satisfied. Sometimes less is more, depends on your tastes. Definitely so for me.