People say I'm skinny, but I don't feel I am.

Options
I want to lose weight even though I am a bit under weight...

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    What is your weight and height and your goal?
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    If you're underweight and want to lose weight, then you should want to speak with a professional instead about your body image issues.

Agree.
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options

You need to speak with a doctor.

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    How old are you?
  • chrislee1628
    chrislee1628 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    you are underweight but want to lose weight? I would seek professional help

most people here would love to be in your position
  • sunflowerhippi
    sunflowerhippi Posts: 1,086 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Why do you want to lose weight?

Do you have loose skin, or saggy spots you are unhappy with? If so I would say to go and lift weights. Do body weight workouts to start out if you need to but try that for a few months and see how you feel. You can change how your body looks without loosing a pound. I have pictures in my profile of me at the same weight with and without lifting and it is a BIG difference.
  • chrislee1628
    chrislee1628 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    What I meant was he is a little under weight and that most of the people here would rather be in his position weight wise than the one that we are in now, not his mental attitude etc

Hence the seek professional help, he is already a little underweight and wants to lose more

Or are you saying that you rather be obese than a little underweight?

As for your comment regarding metal health disorder, for your information, I am mentally disabled and am not able to work, drive etc and am housebound, but not in the normal sense, my brain was damaged by a rare virus
  • Mavrick_RN
    Mavrick_RN Posts: 439 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    wytey wrote: »
    What I meant was he is a little under weight and that most of the people here would rather be in his position weight wise than the one that we are in now, not his mental attitude etc

Hence the seek professional help, he is already a little underweight and wants to lose more

Or are you saying that you rather be obese than a little underweight?

As for your comment regarding metal health disorder, for your information, I am mentally disabled and am not able to work, drive etc and am housebound, but not in the normal sense, my brain was damaged by a rare virus

I knew what you meant but I wanted to razz you that OP is not just "skinny" but has other issues that amount to undesirable baggage.

OP admits to being "underweight" and called "skinny" but is still not satisfied with that and wants to lose more weight. That is what I call a mental health disorder. By my saying "nobody wants a mental health disorder" I mean most people, including those on this website, would not choose a mental health disorder to obtain a "skinny" physique. At least I sure hope not. Though some do seem to prefer magic. They want the results without putting in the work.

And, yes, if given a mutually exclusive choice between mental health and obesity, I would choose obesity. Mental health is all it's cracked up to be.

I, of course, have no idea the extent of your mental capabilities other than the 25 or so words you used in your post and like most internet forum users, assume you are average.

OP is female, according to her profile. But who looks at all that stuff before posting.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options

I mean this with complete kindess-you need to get some help.