Bikini and Bountiful reflection

Options
Getting into my bikini several times over the course of the weekend, I recognize that I am only doing so in the comfort of my own backyard and, at that, am faaaaaaar from comfortable.

I'm 4 months post-partum with baby #2. I'm jiggly and my belly overhangs my bottoms. My four year old daughter has, honestly and unmaliciously, commented on Mommy's Big Belly. I explain to her the best way I can that my body just did a lot of work growing her brother and it sometimes takes a little while for all of the stuff inside that helped him to grow to realize that he's living with us on the outside now and no longer needs it.

But it had me reflecting.
I've NEVER had a positive body image. I've never worn a bikini with an iota of confidence or comfort. At 12, 16, 20, and now at 31 ... I've never had that.
I've ALWAYS felt uncomfortable at the pool; on vacation.
My own vanity wants that comfort. So, so desperately.

Yes, I want to be healthy and mindful for my own longevity and to model that for my babies ... but I will flat out admit that my biggest physical hurdle in vain is wanting to put on that bikini and wear it without hanging over; without too much jiggly. With a smile and with ease.

How do you get there?
The bikini problem as a metaphor for a healthy head space ... how do you achieve it?

How do you wake up every day, commit to those workouts with those two small babes, make positive choices and STOP OBSESSING and just DO IT because it feels good, your body craves it and in turn, thanks you for it?

If you've ever found yourself in a similar mindframe ... how did you overcome?

Replies

• Hoohoohaa
    Hoohoohaa Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Can't comment from the bikini angle, but I can from walking around without a shirt on. I've had the confidence once to walk down the street on a hot day with no shirt on. I would in the yard at that time. I do in the house now. I'm not comfortable going swimming, but playing with my kids in the pool over rules my feelings. I guess I made the commitment to getting in much better shape, and that turned from an attitude of not wanting to get out of bed to eventually an addiction of watching and recording what I eat, lifting often and lifting heavy. Every morning I had to convince myself to go to the gym, to be good eating. Now I get excited for it. What really helped me was planning everything out and putting it onto my calendar. My workout routine for the next 2 months is already broken up by exercise, by day, by time, in my calendar app on my phone. Now I don't have an excuse to not go to the gym. I can't "accidentally" double book myself. May not help, may be worth a shot. Keep your head up and keep kicking butt. And congrats on the baby, too.