Urging more people to do this !!

Options
Okay so if your like me and addicting to weighing yourself honestly stop !!! My scales broke and at the moment I can't afford new ones, but something strange has happened I've started to notice my body changing more, and I've also stopped worrying less !! I was majorly addicted to weighing myself like three times a day if I could but since they've broken I can't and I've noticed a huge different in my confidence of my body image too !! Try it !!

Replies

• Lauralou23mfp
    Lauralou23mfp Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Ye it made me give up due to not losing any weight !! It takes time and the scale can't weigh your happiness or pride of getting off your bum and doing exercise !! X
  • JaneSnowe
    JaneSnowe Posts: 1,283 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    vespiquenn wrote: »
    Glad you found something that works for you. But telling people not to do something based on your personal results is silly. There are a lot of reasons to weigh daily, just like there are reasons not to. Some people use apps to track the trend, want to understand fluctuations, etc. nothing wrong with doing it either way.

Some people do develop an unhealthy mindset over those numbers and it might be good for them to see that another person like themselves has found some benefit from changing. She did address her post to people who are like her "and addicted to weighing yourself". I appreciate that she's not trying to tell everyone here that we're all doing it wrong and that hers is The One True Way, like so often happens.
  • Cchioles
    Cchioles Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Scales Are Not An Accurate Gaige Of Progress, Body Measurements And Pictures Are Much Better For This Reason.. Glad Your Seeing Some Changes! Keep IT UP!
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Okay so if your like me and addicting to weighing yourself honestly stop !!! My scales broke and at the moment I can't afford new ones, but something strange has happened I've started to notice my body changing more, and I've also stopped worrying less !! I was majorly addicted to weighing myself like three times a day if I could but since they've broken I can't and I've noticed a huge different in my confidence of my body image too !! Try it !!

What if you're addicting to weighing yourself dishonestly? Should you stop, too?

• vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    JaneSnowe wrote: »
    Glad you found something that works for you. But telling people not to do something based on your personal results is silly. There are a lot of reasons to weigh daily, just like there are reasons not to. Some people use apps to track the trend, want to understand fluctuations, etc. nothing wrong with doing it either way.

Some people do develop an unhealthy mindset over those numbers and it might be good for them to see that another person like themselves has found some benefit from changing. She did address her post to people who are like her "and addicted to weighing yourself". I appreciate that she's not trying to tell everyone here that we're all doing it wrong and that hers is The One True Way, like so often happens.

I will admit that I missed that OP would weigh herself 3 times if she could. But the only change in response would be that professional help may be necessary if there's that much obsession. So props the OP for working towards a healthier approach to weight loss.

• JaneSnowe
    Options
    JaneSnowe wrote: »

I will admit that I missed that OP would weigh herself 3 times if she could. But the only change in response would be that professional help may be necessary if there's that much obsession. So props the OP for working towards a healthier approach to weight loss.

I agree with the bolded. A post such as this might move some people to decide they need some professional help and encourage them to seek it out.
  • JaneSnowe
    Options
    bpetrosky wrote: »

What if you're addicting to weighing yourself dishonestly? Should you stop, too?

Is that when you support your hand on the bathroom sink as you stand on the scale so the number might be lower? Because I've *never* thought of doing that!
  • ftwmc
    ftwmc Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself about once a week but everyday I put on clothes and if they don't fit I try harder.I find this more real as the scales are just numbers to me.
  • Lauralou23mfp
    Lauralou23mfp Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I wasn't telling people I was trying to help them if they feel the need to weigh themselves constantly the scales cannot measure happiness or the achievement you've just felt running up the stairs you use to struggle with or getting through your exercise DVD without stopping you shouldn't let the number on the scales deter you from what's in your heart xx