Sophomore Slump

Options
megansayssup
megansayssup Posts: 16 Member
Hi everyone. I don't usually make posts, but I wanted to share my small victory.

I just completed my second year of college, majoring in Chemistry and on the track to graduate with honors. Needless to say, as my first rigorous year of college, stress eating and unhealthy fast food did me dirty. I wasn't overweight, but I wasn't happy in my skin and I wanted to slim down and tone up! I decided that this summer break would be the time for me to get back on track.

6l2bt2p8wmga.jpeg

The photo to the left is me in January (balancing taking 3 lab science classes and an additional course, joining a sorority, volunteering in a biochemistry lab, being in a long distance relationship, and having a job at night) and the photo on the right is me as of today. I'm really proud of what I've accomplished so far. I don't quite know how much I've gained or lost, mainly because 1. I don't like focusing on numbers and 2. My apartment floors are crooked. I know that all of my reasons to eat unhealthily and to indulge were not acceptable excuses, and getting back in the groove this summer has really made me realize how much I love working out and how good eating healthy food makes me feel. I am excited to see the results ahead of me.

Thanks!

Replies

• AmyWininger
    AmyWininger Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Great job! I know the struggle! I just finished my sophomore year of college. I went in my freshman year promising myself I was going to stay healthy and maintain a fitness routine(I had just lost 30 pounds through my senior year and was getting happy with my body). Freshman year, and dorm life turned into constant pizza and overall laziness. Sophomore year only got worse. In March of this year I made a commitment to start logging again, and once this Summer ends and I'm back on campus, I'll be going to the rec center a lot. It really is difficult with classes, finals. I'm in theatre so I spend hours a day there, and right across the street there is a McDonalds, so avoiding that is super hard. Just stay with it, and don't let setbacks make you stop altogether. We got this! :)
  • st476
    st476 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That's crazy but what's even more crazy is that you go to Temple?!
  • megansayssup
    Options

st476 wrote: »

Temple made :)
  • st476
    st476 Posts: 357 Member
    Options

I'm going there in the fall! Small world :smile:
  • megansayssup
    Options

I'm going there in the fall! Small world :smile:

That's awesome! You're going to love it. By far the best decision I ever made.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!