booty

Options
libby328
libby328 Posts: 287 Member
Ok first feel free to laugh I dont mind......

My back end is flat, I mean flat and the only place on my entire body that had had zero improvement is my butt! I need help here I need advice from anyone that had had success in this area! Please don't just say squats because they haven't done much neither had running or lunges or elliptical! I need a nice booty lol help!

Replies

• songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    What kind of squats are you doing?

I mean, how much weight, reps, parallel/*kitten*-to-grass...
  • libby328
    Options
    3x a week I do 4 sets 15/12/10/8 5 pound weight per side. Run 3x per week and elliptical the other 2 days
  • ilovecreg120809
    ilovecreg120809 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    maybe try butt bible. they are dvds just for that area. I tried it on ondemand and it works your butt and thighs! the main lady that talks is very annoying (well i think she is) but its a good workout
  • timlord
    timlord Posts: 158
    Options
    NO squats, you need elongated stride walking, power walk....ever seen a distance runner with fat butts? right
  • Deon918
    Deon918 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I was born with a huge butt and i am a guy and i hate it :explode: i wish i could give it to you lmao
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    3x a week I do 4 sets 15/12/10/8 5 pound weight per side. Run 3x per week and elliptical the other 2 days

That's why! You're only squatting with 10 lbs. You need to lift with some heavy weight if you want those glutes to shape up. Do you go to a gym? Start squatting with a barbell and work up. At home? Do jump squats. I have a very round bottom (pretty firm too) and my leg days go like this:

Squat (*kitten* to grass, very deep): 4x12, 10, 8, 6 @ 95-105-115-125 or I do 5X5 at 135
    Olympic Deadlift: 3X10, 8, 6 @ 135
    Lunges: 25 Front, 25 Back, 30 side walking lunges with bodyweight
    Hamstring Curls: 3X12 @ 25 or 50 (depending on cable or plate machine)
    Calves: 4X15, 12, 10, 8 @ 90-100

I do this once per week and am sore for 2 days! My cardio is just cycling, interval running, and stairmill.
  • libby328
    Options
    Just curious did you always have a round bottom?. For as long as I can remember mine had been flat as paper!
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    Just curious did you always have a round bottom?. For as long as I can remember mine had been flat as paper!

It used to be more of a teardrop shape...always big but wasn't always as perky. Now there is more muscle mass at the top of my glutes and my bottom isn't as wide.
  • LizaMena
    LizaMena Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I was born with a huge butt and i am a guy and i hate it :explode: i wish i could give it to you lmao
    Can't stop laughing! hahahahahaa....

Nyway...I heard Zumba does a good job on ur butt. I have been doing Zumba for a couple of months and am noticing some difference.
  • lovejoydavid
    lovejoydavid Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Ok first feel free to laugh I dont mind......

My back end is flat, I mean flat and the only place on my entire body that had had zero improvement is my butt! I need help here I need advice from anyone that had had success in this area! Please don't just say squats because they haven't done much neither had running or lunges or elliptical! I need a nice booty lol help!

This obviously connects with your waist to hip ratio! SBS certainly seems to be the right person to talk to about this. I might add, though, that there is a thigh ratio in women that also relates to risk factors, and it seems to indicate that women with large amounts of muscle in the thigh have a certain amount of protection from DM. However, only women who are born with a genetic predisposition for this musculature seem to be able to acquire it. This is because women are pretty well limited to about 10 lbs or so of muscle gain from hard training in their first year, with a steep drop off after that. If you have a naturally flat bum, you are going to have limits on how much you can change it, even with heavy work, as the muscle fibers in the glute med, min, and max (and that tiny piriformis) will only absorb so many new proteins to hypertrophy. Who knows what those limits really are, though, until you try!
  • lovejoydavid
    lovejoydavid Posts: 395 Member
    Options

That's why! You're only squatting with 10 lbs. You need to lift with some heavy weight if you want those glutes to shape up. Do you go to a gym? Start squatting with a barbell and work up. At home? Do jump squats. I have a very round bottom (pretty firm too) and my leg days go like this:

Squat (*kitten* to grass, very deep): 4x12, 10, 8, 6 @ 95-105-115-125 or I do 5X5 at 135
    Olympic Deadlift: 3X10, 8, 6 @ 135
    Lunges: 25 Front, 25 Back, 30 side walking lunges with bodyweight
    Hamstring Curls: 3X12 @ 25 or 50 (depending on cable or plate machine)
    Calves: 4X15, 12, 10, 8 @ 90-100

I do this once per week and am sore for 2 days! My cardio is just cycling, interval running, and stairmill.

Wowza! I used to do something like this (I trained exlusively for muscle mass in my most of my late 20's), but it makes me too sore for running and cycling now. Good on you, though, and great results!