How do you eat/drink your protein powder?

Options
Jsnbabb1
Jsnbabb1 Posts: 146 Member
I'm due for my afternoon protein powder. I use body fortress vanilla. How do you eat drink yours??? I need ideas???

Replies

• misscfe
    misscfe Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I add it to gatorade or milk depending on the flavor of it.
  • misscfe
    misscfe Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    You can also make a smoothie and add it as extra protein.
  • timlord
    timlord Posts: 158
    Options
    put it in water chug it quick low cals
  • ambermichon
    ambermichon Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    one scoop in water with lots of ice blended with half a banana and sometimes a tablespoon of peanut butter if I need the calories. Like a milkshake!
  • patssarah
    patssarah Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I have 2 different flavors, Vanilla and fruit punch flavor. The vanilla I mix in with oatmeal, and the fruit punch I drink with water and sometimes add crystal lite.

I have mixed the chocolate in with peanut butter and spread it on a banana or bread or graham crackers too! And its really yummy!
  • jspindel
    jspindel Posts: 4
    Options
    i greatly enjoy metagenics mocha ultrameal with half coffee and half water liquid... it is super yummy and feels like you are cheating on an amazing coffee drink... also enjoy adding a teaspoon of peanut butter and ice and grinding it for a nice flavor with either vanilla or chocolate!!!
  • sandyfeet10
    sandyfeet10 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I've been mixing my vanilla flavored powder into greek yogurt for a super protein boost!

I also make smoothies with protein powder, cocoa powder, peanut butter, and soymilk!
  • slp2112
    slp2112 Posts: 107
    Options
    unsweetend almond milk and a packet or 2 of splenda (my powder has a vanilla flavor, so it works pretty perfectly).
  • melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Frozen fruit, all natural applesauce, low fat vanilla yogurt and protein powder blended together. It's about 280 calories that way (with my protein powder anyhow). It's a great meal replacement for lunch!
  • kailyamie
    kailyamie Posts: 130
    Options
    one scoop in water with lots of ice blended with half a banana and sometimes a tablespoon of peanut butter if I need the calories. Like a milkshake!

That sounds so good...
  • tenomyls
    tenomyls Posts: 23
    Options
    I love Jay Robb..it kinda pricey but he have more flavors besides the vanilla,chocolate and strawberry. He has pina colada and another one called tropical dream. Also on his website (jayrobb.com) he has some great recipes that are really good!
  • egroff
    egroff Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I add it to combinations like the ones below:

1) Frozen blueberries or mixed berries and spinach
    2) Oatmeal, almond milk, cinnamon, flax seed (tastes like a drinkable oatmeal cookie :smile:)
    3) Spinach, fresh peppermint leaves, peppermint extract, and dark chocolate chips
  • mamato4kids
    mamato4kids Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Add frozen bananas, strawberries, and peaches. Then add some almond milk....blend
  • Deon918
    Deon918 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    i use Optimum 100% Whey Gold Standard- Double Chocolate and i drink one scoop with a cup of water and its delicious as is.. I do workouts just to drink it lol
  • CherrySunday
    CherrySunday Posts: 301
    Options
    I put mine in my cereal in the morning, but I only do a half scoop at most. For me the powder works best with cold stuff.
  • coolstacey6
    coolstacey6 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup organic blueberries
    4 lg. strawberries
    1/2 cup bottled water
    1 scoop protein powder
    ice
    blend in blender
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I add vanilla to a smoothie, usually berry of some sort, and if it's chocolate then I mix it with half skim milk and half water (I'm told this is gross, but using all milk makes it too thick for me and only water makes it taste watered down, so :laugh: ) and add some instant coffee for a mocha drink...very good!
  • ambermichon
    ambermichon Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    i greatly enjoy metagenics mocha ultrameal with half coffee and half water liquid... it is super yummy and feels like you are cheating on an amazing coffee drink... also enjoy adding a teaspoon of peanut butter and ice and grinding it for a nice flavor with either vanilla or chocolate!!!

where do you get the mocha flavored protein? that sounds awesome!
  • Trisha042415
    Trisha042415 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I use the Body By Vi shake mix and I mostly use light soy milk. My favorite in the morning is 6 ice cubes, 2 scoops of Vi mix, 10oz light soy milk, 1 instant coffe packet (like Taster's Choice) & 1-2 tsp of unsweetened cocoa...blend....it's like one of those mocha frappes but less all the sugar, fat & calories. Sometimes I add a little low fat whipped cream on the top..yummy!

If anyone is interested in Body By Vi please let me know :)
  • Bentrain
    Bentrain Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    mix it with OJ.