Emotional Eating after being cheated on

Options
That_Girl_Myra
That_Girl_Myra Posts: 11 Member
edited June 2016 in Motivation and Support
How do I stop? I need to lose weight....i want it. But I guess not enough. I don't even know where to start on how to lose weight. I'm how to eat clean. I have pcos pics so i know it's a bit more complicated. Any advice is appreciated.

Replies

• Red5092
    Red5092 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    You just stop. You decide that what you're doing isn't going to get you closer to what you want. Log your food, and move your butt. Exercise actually helps with the emotions you're most likely feeling. Channel that anger into burning calories.
  • theJojoUK
    theJojoUK Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Red5092 wrote: »
    You just stop. You decide that what you're doing isn't going to get you closer to what you want. Log your food, and move your butt. Exercise actually helps with the emotions you're most likely feeling. Channel that anger into burning calories.

What she said ^^^
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Another outlet for the outrage and injustice of being cheated on. Like a spa day. Or a letter-burning ceremony. You're feeding a need. Meet that need.

THEN when you are fully and truly purged of that pain, sit down and have a rational internal talk with yourself about how you want to eat and be.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Emotional Eating after being cheated on

First, sorry for your pain. I can only tell you that, eventually, you will be better. Even more, you can be the BEST you that you are. But first you have to believe you are. You are better than what happened and wroth more. YOU are your owner and YOU control your life. Start finding constructive ways to to deal with the emotional pain - workout, time with friends, anything. Keep working through all those internal voices and ALWAYS correct the ones that talk down to you, or feel sorry for you, or tell you just to eat the pain away. Even if you have to loudly yell at yourself, keep saying it and replacing those thoughts with how AMAZING you are.

The battle is real, but you got this.

• dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    The gym can help a lot. It's the most underused anti-depressant in the world.

This is great advice. Comfort eating is really tough to give up, so maybe do something to actually improve your mood first before you tackle the eating part.

Also, don't be hard on yourself - you're human and it's perfectly natural to resort to food as a form of comfort.