Night Eating :(

Hello everyone, I was wondering if anyone else struggles with this and what you do to avoid eating at night?? I eat healthy all day and soon as I have that alone time before bed I wanna eat, and of course it's nothing heathly. Help!! Any suggestions that have worked for you??

Replies

• ElJefePerron
    ElJefePerron Posts: 88 Member
    I try to eat later and plan for a snack in the evening. Then, I drink water to try and stay full .
  • MTgal477
    MTgal477 Posts: 829 Member
    If I feel like want something sweet at night I cut up a banana, drizzle a little bit of honey over it, dust it a bit with cinnamon and put a tablespoon of peanut butter to the side to dip it in, it's a delicious, healthier "treat". Or, if it's chips that I'm craving, I reach for pork rinds, calories are low and they even pack a little protein in em :smiley: and sometimes I find that I'm just bored, not snacky, so I'll do a little strength training...ab work, push ups, etc., something to take my mind off food.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    I save calories for a snack after dinner.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    I eat Greek yogurt before bed every night. I find that I sleep better when I have a little protein snack before I go to bed.
  • MTgal477
    WBB55 wrote: »
    I save calories for a snack after dinner.

Yes, that too! I work out at night, so depending on how many calories I've eaten/burned throughout the day, I decide if it's worth it to have that snack, or if I want to put that workout to good use and pass on the treat, it's usually 50/50 for me, lol :D
  • dlkfox
    dlkfox Posts: 463 Member
    I prelog my evening snack when I log breakfast and fit everything else in.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,179 Member
    edited June 2016
    I try to eat dinner at or after 7 pm, and have a scheduled snack at 8 pm. That works for me. Sometimes it much later.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    I don't eat a lot during the day, then I eat a huge dinner and save 300 calories to eat right before bed (I can't go to sleep hungry).
  • dshbaby
    dshbaby Posts: 1 Member
    Not me. I'm really craving something sweet..of course my husband went to grocery store thus afternoon and bright home variety of cupcakes..omg red velvet, cream cheese icing , how do I stop ?
  • MTgal477
    dshbaby wrote: »
    Not me. I'm really craving something sweet..of course my husband went to grocery store thus afternoon and bright home variety of cupcakes..omg red velvet, cream cheese icing , how do I stop ?

If you really, REALLY want that cupcake, just eat it. Make up for it with exercise. Or, cut one in half and only eat half of it. Don't deprive yourself of foods, it sets you up for failure later. Everything in moderation.