this will be my first weekend since returning...

Options
I just started MFP again on Monday. In the past, the weekends were always my downfall. I usually go to my moms on the weekend and she has a lot of junk food.

I guess i'll just have to use extra willpower and do good.

Replies

• Steph_2011
    Options
    I know what you mean I always seem to get side tracked on the weekends but as long as you workout you should be fine also sometimes I dont eat as much during the week so I can have extra on the weekends
  • TwinMamma09
    TwinMamma09 Posts: 140
    Options
    The weekends are the worst as well. I have a gym at work and I am very dedicated to my food intake and exercise during the week but I am not as disciplined on the weekend.

Maybe we need to start a weekend support group. LOL
  • AniMarieSt
    AniMarieSt Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    The weekends (or for me Sun-Tues) are the hardest. It's when you get around other people and their food (like going out to eat or eating at a family member or friend's house) that it's just really difficult. I was really impressed with myself this past weekend though. I ate breakfast at IHOP and still stayed in my calories. More and more restaurants are offering healthier options on their menus (like IHOP's whole grain blueberry pancakes)

With going to your Mom's, maybe pack healthier options with you?
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    does your mom know about your new goal? maybe she will be willing to provide more healthy options or at least allow you to bring a fruit salad, etc.
  • mbeuchert24
    mbeuchert24 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Hey girlie!!! Someone gave me a suggestion for dealing with the numerous lunches we go to as a group. He said to drink a protein shake before lunch that way you don't order as much/eat as much. Of course drink lots of water too. I've been drinking a lot more water lately and you know me and my relationship with soda LOL. It helps me if I'm wanting something bad, I drink a bunch of water, get busy with work or playing online then I don't think about it anymore...I know that doesn't help when your visiting your mom...but just giving you encouragement.

I'm not even going to pretend I'm being good this weekend LOL.
  • bobbiedr
    bobbiedr Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    well so far it hasn't been too bad. We did go to a chinese buffet last night. (my mom is very convincing.)

I ate better than I usually do, though it probably wasn't the best I could have done. I got a little bit of General Tso's chicken..that's hard to give up. But I did get some steamed tilapia, steamed broccoli, egg drop soup, pepper steak & green peppers. I also got some grilled chicken...at least that's what the sign said, but it turned out to be grilled duck. (YUCK!)

Today I did good for breakfast. I had some eggbeaters with a little bit of shredded cheese & chopped green pepper. I also had 2 turkey sausage links. Gonna go find me a snack now.

I'm going to the grocery store later and I'm going to buy some healthy snacks and food. I found a recipe for a low-cal version of Applebee's Quesadilla burger, so I'm gonna try that tonight. I'm gonna make a lasagna for dinner tomorrow and I amy try using eggplant as a middle layer.