Bloated after a "binge"?

Options
Hello! I have a question and any advice is welcomed!

I am used to eating 3 meals a day. Since I started my lifestyle change, I have gone from eating massive meals, to small meals. It's been two months since I've eaten to the point of being sick.

Well today, I had a small bowl of cereal for breakfast, and then I decided to reward all my hard work with a Dominos pizza. I thought I would be able to control myself... But I ate 5 pieces in one sitting. I was definitely full after just having 1 piece. So thats all I've had is the cereal and pizza. I feel so bloated I can barely stand it. It's so bad I almost want to puke. I drank lots of water today, but I need some more tips on how to eliminate the bloat, and maybe speed up the digestion and elimination process. Thanks in advance!

Replies

• monica1515
    monica1515 Posts: 65
    Options
    We've all been there!

In my opinion, the best thing to do first and foremost is to stop the binge. Binges can sometimes last a couple days. My first goal would be to forgive yourself and move on. You're on the right track - you've upped your water, the only other thing you can do is intake lots of fiberous fruits/veggies and be active.

One bad day is not going to ruin you - consistency is the key, not perfection.
  • Kalrez
    Kalrez Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    First off, try to break the cycle of using food as a reward. Food is what keeps us alive. Don't think of it as a gold star or an atta-boy. It's hard considering our culture, but ya gotta switch gears - at least for now. It's also pretty counter productive to diet/eat right all week then order a pizza. I mean, just think about that logically. The mouth thinks that's a great idea. The tummy and hips and thighs don't necessarily agree.

Second, maybe try Beano. It's supposed to help with pooting, but poots come from gas which is bloating. Can't really hurt.

Maybe up your fiber and drink a ton of water to just move that junk out of your system?

Don't let today get ya down. Tomorrow is a new day. Heck, even the next meal is a new start. Stay positive!
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    What monica1515 said!

Also, when you feel like you've earned a reward, consider non-food rewards. :) If you really want food rewards, I would find a way to make sure I stick to a reasonable portion... e.g. quickly distribute the slices to friends/family before you can grab them all! Or at least put the rest in the refrigerator before you take your first bite of your first slice -- out of sight, out of mind.
  • arw060310
    arw060310 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    We've all been there!

In my opinion, the best thing to do first and foremost is to stop the binge. Binges can sometimes last a couple days. My first goal would be to forgive yourself and move on. You're on the right track - you've upped your water, the only other thing you can do is intake lots of fiberous fruits/veggies and be active.

One bad day is not going to ruin you - consistency is the key, not perfection.

Thank you =] Well good news is that I can't even begin to think of eating anything else! I think I already forgave myself. But I tried to go for a walk tonight and I got about a quarter of a mile in and had to stop because I almost threw up! Since the 5 piece binge I've had 2 glasses of metamucil to maybe help a bit (I have problems in being "regular" area). If I keep the water intake higher, how long should I expect the bloated huge feeling I have in my belly to last? =[
  • RaeannePemberton
    RaeannePemberton Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    resume normalcy asap... and store this memory in the front so next time you may stop earlier... been there girl!!!!
  • eleina82
    eleina82 Posts: 2
    Options
    My suggestion? Have some espresso first thing in the morning- one or 2 shots. Especially if you do not usually do so, it will get things moving for you right away. No sugar. Drink it black. Also, ruffage helps. Turnip greens or spinach always work for me pretty quickly. And stay away from starches and sugar until the bloat is gone.
  • arw060310
    arw060310 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    resume normalcy asap... and store this memory in the front so next time you may stop earlier... been there girl!!!!

Oh this memory is never leaving my mind! I'm thinking of writing myself a letter about how I feel, so if I ever wanna scarf over half a pizza again I can be reminded! I just can't believe I used to eat like this everyday, 3 times a day. WOW!
  • monica1515
    monica1515 Posts: 65
    Options
    That's a really good idea! I may have to steal that idea from you! ;)