How do YOU stay motivated?

Options
Out of all the factors that go into losing weight, staying motivated is the hardest one. I see a food I really like and I just completely forget why I want to lose weight in the first place.. Do you guys have any tips for staying motivated? (Thank you & feel free to add me)

Replies

• R1rainbows
    R1rainbows Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I like the way it makes me feel. I have tons of energy and I hardly ever get sick!! All from making healthier choices and exercising.
  • BurnWithBarn2015
    BurnWithBarn2015 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    ashleynnm wrote: »
    Out of all the factors that go into losing weight, staying motivated is the hardest one. I see a food I really like and I just completely forget why I want to lose weight in the first place.. Do you guys have any tips for staying motivated? (Thank you & feel free to add me)

well looking at your calorie intake over the last days if the logging is correct ( which is hundreds in the negative netting) i would say eat more.

In my weight loss journey i didn't deprive myself at all. Eat what i wanted but controlled it. Lost in 400 days 130 lbs and now since November 2015 maintaining.

So the feeling of feeling good kept me going. The fact i could eat it all only controlling what i ate did the job for me.
  • bmayes2014
    bmayes2014 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I'm motivated every time I pass a mirror and dislike the reflection. I fall short many days, but I will never give up until I work for exactly what I want to see as my reflection. I love myself at any weight but it keeps me pushing on to get to my goal! Motivation is just not enough to succeed because it comes and goes. I think it truly takes discipline (doing what it takes regardless of how you feel) and consistency.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,885 Member
    Options
    I lose weight.

In other words, when I was first losing weight, I was losing at a rate of 1 kg/week. Why would I have wanted to stop doing that until I reached my goal?
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    I stay motivated by seeing changes. Old clothes getting baggy, shopping for new ones...pulling old clothes out to see if they fit again yet.
  • Veryana
    Veryana Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I've found a lot of healthy recipes which taste so amazingly good. I don't feel like I miss out anything since those recipes added to my favourite foods a lot so I can just choose any time a healthier choice I like as much as other options. Sometimes I can have one of my old foods as well if I feel like it. On top of that I'm getting so strong! Going to gym and feeling how weights that used to be too heavy to lift are so easy to lift now... It really feels amazing. And the results as well from weight loss. There's so much to gain from weight loss, exercising and cooking new kinds of foods :smile:
  • amanda000002014
    amanda000002014 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I think about how I felt before I started on my journey. I don't want to feel tired, depressed, or anxious anymore. I kicked those things out the door when I started. The losing weight, though I want to lose weight I consider that a side affect of better living. It can be hard sometimes to motivate myself but I know if I do what needs to be done I am not going to regret it. What will I regret? getting back in that deep hole I was in a month ago, and I lived like that for years. I know I am just beginning but I can say my days are so much more brighter.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    I'm going to agree that looking at your profile picture and diary, motivation or need for motivation isn't the issue here. I don't think we should be actively encouraging you to continue with what you are doing.
  • BurnWithBarn2015
    BurnWithBarn2015 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I'm going to agree that looking at your profile picture and diary, motivation or need for motivation isn't the issue here. I don't think we should be actively encouraging you to continue with what you are doing.

bamm..spot on
  • Zipp237
    Zipp237 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    1. My thighs
    2. Success breeds success. I'm on a roll and I'm not stopping.
    3. In the end, it will all be worth it.
  • saranne1015
    saranne1015 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and I check in with each other. "What did you eat today? Have most of your meals been made up of fresh vegetables? Are you going running today?" He's an incredibly dedicated person and he really inspires me. Also, it's kinda weird, but sometimes when I'm out walking, I repeat my weight over and over to myself and tell myself how many pounds I have left to go. It makes me walk a little faster and go for a salad instead of a hotdog because of all the progress I've made.
  • ElvenToad
    ElvenToad Posts: 644 Member
    Options

Good catch!

• tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    If that picture of you is current, you may want to reassess weight loss. You look quite thin. Have you considered instead fitness goals?
  • ARTMOM717
    ARTMOM717 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Another idea is eating whole plant based foods, staying active and having a purpose in life. What do you think is your life's purpose? Also, when I pray and ask God for help with my life and to heal the hurts, He does.
  • MynameisChester
    MynameisChester Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    In my experience, motivation is really not the key for success. Motivation comes in waves: some days high, other days low, incredibly unpredictable. IMO, a combination of knowledge, skills, and a practical strategy trump motivation.
  • spellheart
    spellheart Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I stay motivated by realizing that working on my health by eating healthy and working out is something that I am doing purely in my own self-interest. I am not doing it for anyone but myself. This is really empowering for me mentally, not only for weightloss, but confidence all around!
  • ashleynnm
    ashleynnm Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    ashleynnm wrote: »

well looking at your calorie intake over the last days if the logging is correct ( which is hundreds in the negative netting) i would say eat more.

In my weight loss journey i didn't deprive myself at all. Eat what i wanted but controlled it. Lost in 400 days 130 lbs and now since November 2015 maintaining.

So the feeling of feeling good kept me going. The fact i could eat it all only controlling what i ate did the job for me.

Cangratulations on your amazing weight loss! And thank you so much for the advice. I think I try to eat as less as I can because I feel as if I eat more I'll gain instead of losing. But I'm willing to try new things and other strategies.
  • ashleynnm
    ashleynnm Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    bmayes2014 wrote: »
    I'm motivated every time I pass a mirror and dislike the reflection. I fall short many days, but I will never give up until I work for exactly what I want to see as my reflection. I love myself at any weight but it keeps me pushing on to get to my goal! Motivation is just not enough to succeed because it comes and goes. I think it truly takes discipline (doing what it takes regardless of how you feel) and consistency.

You're perfect at any weight :)) but that's a good way to keep you pushing forward. Thank you sm!