Hi and help ? How to set good macros

Options
Hi there, I'm Tish, start weight was 17.1 stone - I've made some progress and just getting to grips with logging food I'm also trying food prepping and portion control containers, to help with protein, carbs and fat - but need to set my macros properly. Can someone help ?

I work from home, couple hours a day, have a couple of health problems so set exercise to 3 X 30 min workouts per week ( YouTube videos - dumbbell weights and a warm up ) - I have had loads of spring cleaning stacking up, but getting through it now that I'm losing more weight. I also sing and play bass guitar - just saying hi and hope someone can point me in the right direction :-) X Tish here is a pic or two from my Instagram ryyr9gvj4p6y.jpeg
showing my progress 8byi9b1zkchq.jpeg

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I had really good success using the macro setup described here: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/819055/setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets/p1 but your mileage may vary.
  • TishCMusic
    TishCMusic Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    THANKYOU !! Gosh so quickly xx
  • TishCMusic
    Options
    Goodness - the article is great !!! I'll be busy working everything out properly now ! Xx
  • theWODdoll
    theWODdoll Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I set my macros to 40c/30p/30f. That's 40% carbs, 30% protein, and 30% fats. This keeps your glucose levels balanced. You can read more about it by looking up the Zone "diet". It's just a way of eating but it's the healthiest in my opinion. Good luck!!!
  • TishCMusic
    Options
    theWODdoll wrote: »
    I set my macros to 40c/30p/30f. That's 40% carbs, 30% protein, and 30% fats. This keeps your glucose levels balanced. You can read more about it by looking up the Zone "diet". It's just a way of eating but it's the healthiest in my opinion. Good luck!!!

Thankyou ! - I'll look into that too :-) X
  • BiggyFuzz
    BiggyFuzz Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    My CPF% set as 30,35and 35

My carbs are lower because I'm trying to lean out
  • GracielaDulce
    GracielaDulce Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Well it would be different for everyone. What works for someone doesn't mean it will work for you. To be really accurate you need your age,gender,height,weight, goal (as in u wanna maintain, loose or gain) and your current activity level and based on all this information there's a calculation you can do and it'll give you your daily macro intake which you can split up however you like throughout the day. I usually eat 5-6times. Then it's easier to portion out your food. Cook it, portion it all out and your good to go for a couple days or a week depends how often you wanna cook.
  • TishCMusic
    Options
    BiggyFuzz wrote: »
    My CPF% set as 30,35and 35

My carbs are lower because I'm trying to lean out
    Thanks - I'm getting the hang of the macros now :smile:
  • TishCMusic
    Options
    kae826 wrote: »
    Well it would be different for everyone..........,,, I usually eat 5-6times. Then it's easier to portion out your food. Cook it, portion it all out and your good to go for a couple days or a week depends how often you wanna cook.

I think that sounds like a good idea - today I ate three huge meals lol :-)

• pwolfe1885
    pwolfe1885 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Depends on the diet. I aon a ketogenic diet. My marco are 5% carbs 20% and 75% fat. Its all in what you want to accomplish. Good luck awesome job.
  • TishCMusic
    Options
    Thank you good luck too :-)
  • cramptondrivechildcare
    Options
    My Keto macros are also 5%C 20%P and 75%F

But i tend to do clean Keto.
    Chicken and turkey, ground turkey,
    Coconut and olive oil, eggs, spinach and broccoli....
    I have bacon and cheese typically as a cheat meal.