New

Options
I am a young woman who has always struggled with my weight. Im looking for a way to start over and change. Looking for encouragement and strength to be able to lose the weight that I desire.

Replies

• melanienj
    melanienj Posts: 31
    Options
    Welcome!! You will definitely find encouragement here as you work toward meeting your goal!!!
  • jmh35slh
    jmh35slh Posts: 78
    Options
    Glad to have you aboard Jessica! MFP is a GREAT place! Everyone is very supportive. I'd never tried to loose weight with 'help' before-I always went it alone. I was so surprised at how much an "atta' Girl" goes. I joined 6/2/11, and to date I've lost 17 pounds. If you have a smart phone, I recommend downloading the free app-It has been a lifesaver for me. I've been able to use it in every major resturant chain I've been in...and it's saved me from eating what I THOUGHT would be good for me. My goal is to loose 100 pounds by February 2012. I don't know if I'll make it by then, but I know I feel better than I have for years, and it's because of MFP. I've talked to my doctor about it, and he is pleased with the program-told me it promotes new healthy routines (logging everything I put in my mouth), breaking the old bad habbits. "A journey of a thousand miles begins with one step". Congratulations on taking that first step! :flowerforyou:

Jackie