20lbs to lose after 2 years on medication....looking for friends to add :)

Options
About 2 years ago I was as healthy as I've ever been, weighed just under 12 stone and had a six pack....jump forward 2 years and, after having to start taking medication for a genetic disorder, I am now 13 stone 8 lbs and havnt been to the gym regularly for ages due to chronic fatigue brought on by the pills.

Well I've finally had enough, thinking if I don't do something to change this downward spiral it's just going to get worse and worse.

So a week ago I dug out the myfitnesspal app, signed in, weighed myself and started logging all my food and exercise.

My app is looking pretty lonely with no friends so looking for people to add and share support etc

Any and all welcome ;)

Replies

• gentlygently
    gentlygently Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Hi

This is just a message of support from someone with a similar story. Tho I lost weight and gained fitness with MFP help before I got sick.....(and got extra pounds, chronic fatigue etc etc...) so atleast I can say MFP can really help.

I don't 'do' MFP friends anymore .... But I do hope you find some cheer buddies. And good luck. Just take it gently... No couch to 25k for people like us, but you can certainly regain your fitness and lose those excess pounds with pacing and persistence.

• stuj79
    stuj79 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement :D
  • ftwmc
    ftwmc Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Know where you are coming from, I've had a major health problem for just over 12 months and can't maintain a steady weight goes up and down by 40 lbs a month. Trouble is it all goes to.my stomach arms and.legs are wasting away I'm weak as, but my stomach goes from keg to flat then back again. I can wear 2 or 3 different sizes of clothes in a month. Feel free to ad me or message.me for support. I'm getting alot of reaults with natural medicines