POSITIVE & SUPPORTIVE: In injury recovery...Post below if you are interested in connecting:)

Options
AlyAlyAlyboo
AlyAlyAlyboo Posts: 276 Member
edited June 2016 in Motivation and Support
Hi!

I'm recovering from an injury and along with weight loss it will be a long recovery.... but I'd like to laugh and feel great through all the effort it is going to take to get me back to health and achieving my goals.

Currently:
I'm at 3000 steps/day MAX right now

I don't follow any diet strictly but I eat naturally more Paleo or Keto / Ketoish diet - 1550/cals

I have about 50-60lbs to lose.

Please reach out to connect:

https://www.instagram.com/alyaspiringatlife/

Replies

• AlyAlyAlyboo
    Options
    Just checking in!! Anyone in recovery? Add me!
  • AlyAlyAlyboo
    Options
    Not too many people recovering from injuries :( lol...I'll keep checking in!

We can connect also here:
    https://instagram.com/AlyAspiringatLife

I'm moving forward day to day...usually one day active the other resting and physio physio physio all the time...which ALSO burns cals!! I love having positive and supportive people on my accounts...in all time zones :) sleep schedule is also in recovery too :). I hope that you're having a fab fab night! :)
  • sugarfree123
    sugarfree123 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I tried to gain muscle, ate lots of food, gained about 15 lbs (of fat ) then my injuries added up fast. I currently have bone spurs in both my feet, Bursitis in my right buttock, A ileosacral sprain, golfers elbow on my right arm and a strained tendon on my left shoulder. I walk about 3,000 steps per day but cant work out the way I want to. Makes it very hard to lose weight. I just started eating Paleo, hoping it will help me be healthy and lose weight or not gain more. Its going to be a long journey back to health.
  • Fitamdshiit
    Fitamdshiit Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi I injured my knee after starting c25k a couple of weeks ago. It's finally starting to not hurt so bad so I'm going to be starting some strengthening exercises before I begin walking again. Feel free to add me!
  • AlyAlyAlyboo
    Options
    Thx above! Added!! :)@sugarfree123 I'm also high protein low carb and good fats :)
  • Celine123456782016
    Celine123456782016 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Just do what you can each day! Baby steps! Everything counts!

I am a runner and I believe I am the queen of injuries because I always push thru my pain until it's so bad I can't do anything! You have to mentally force yourself to just break your work-outs down! That's what I find myself doing
  • AlyAlyAlyboo
    Options
  • AlyAlyAlyboo
    Options
    Hi Just checking in :)
  • AlyAlyAlyboo
    Options
    I guess not many are in I injury recovery! That's fantastic!!
  • GirlWithCookies
    GirlWithCookies Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I broke my right ankle pretty badly in a car accident about two and half months ago. I'm supposed to start weight-bearing (baring?) this week once I go to my check-up. But even so, it's going to a while before I can work out like I want to — I'm really fond of things like hiking and using the elliptical. I unintentionally dropped 10 pounds in the first month of recovery. People keep telling me it's because my body was expending more energy to heal, but I think it's because I wasn't eating much (after my surgery I was on a bunch of different medications and felt sick a lot of the time). It is really frustrating not being able to do what I want to do. I can't even start driving again for another couple of months. I guess the good thing about this is that it has forced me to become more mindful of my eating habits. The less weight I'm carrying around when I start walking again, the better!
  • AlyAlyAlyboo
    Options
    Thx for your post!! Sorry to hear :( we'll get there, I have a long road
  • missandi23
    missandi23 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I need some support! I broke my pinkie toe several weeks ago. I've been having to wear a boot that's a different height than the shoe on my other foot, so that messes with my lower back. I need to stay off it to let it heal, plus my back will hurt more if I walk too much. So I haven't been going on my daily walks
  • AlyAlyAlyboo
    Options
    I've had 6 casts in 3 years :( I know what you're saying!! (I was a pedestrian hit by a car with only significant soft tissue injuries) I've had boots galore lol...let's connect :) adding you!!
  • ftwmc
    ftwmc Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I'm doing a long slow recovery, had surgery just over 12 months ago and still spend 3 days a fortnight in hospital. It can be a long road to recovery. But I have accomplished everything they told me I'd never do again. Best of luck Kevin
  • kymberkaye
    kymberkaye Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I missed the bottom two steps of our staircase out back 4 years ago. Broke bones in both feet and messed up my lower back. Ive been on lots of medication since. I gained 30 pounds of 80 I lost 7 years ago. Its been extremely frustrating. I cant clean my house in an hour anymore. I cant get in the floor to play woth my grandchildren. Tired of being fat and in pain. I had 3 nerve blocks a few weeks ago that helped tremendously. Im getting around much better and actually got in 4000 steps one day last week. But, it messed me up a little again. I tried to push myself a little to hard. Going to just move as much as i can without trying to be wonder woman. Lol