Fitbit calorie counts suddenly way too high

Options
The calories knocked down by my Fitbit integration has suddenly skyrocketed in the last three days. As an example, I received credit for 550 calories for only 2500 steps today. Yesterday I walked 11,629 steps and had a calorie adjustment of 1,143 calories. That's way too high, based on history. Any idea what's going on?

Replies

• clafairy1984
    clafairy1984 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Mine was mucking about like this for a while. I did a hard reset and deleted and reinstalled app, and all good now.
  • AigreDoux
    AigreDoux Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Mine was double counting randomly on some days. I could tell because there were two entries for Fitbit steps under the exercise tab. I deleted one and count went back to normal.
  • WaitLostGoaltending
    WaitLostGoaltending Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm not seeing double counting. Just one, but it's way too high. I just tried the phone reset and app reinstall. The number is still too high, but maybe that's because it's cached. Hopefully it'll settle down moving forward.
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Click on the fitbit entry in MFP to see the actual adjustment. What fitbit sends over is total calorie expenditure for the day, not for your steps, for everything. MFP then subtracts what your TDEE is based on its info. For example I burned approximately 2200 according to fitbit yesterday. My adjustment was about 500 because MFP subtracts my 1693 tdee.