After 4 years, I'm back

Options
In 2009 I had lap band. Worked great for 6 yrs and a year ago I got overfilled. Couldn't eat anything in the morning and could barely eat mashed potatoes, soup and all the bad things, Ice cream, etc. I was afraid that my Dr. would take too much out of the band and I would be 300lbs again in a week. I had a bad vomiting issue 6 weeks ago and the Dr. took half the fluid out of the band. I gained 7lbs in a week. I was able to actually eat something and went overboard in a daze of euphoria. Now 2 weeks later I went back to hopefully put some fluid back in my band, now that I have healed and the Upper GI showed all is well. The bariatric doctor is now anti-band, and pro-sleeve. The N.P. said I would probably have to have the band out because it shows nothing but trouble in studies and the sleeve would be better. My ins won't cover a revision unless I gain 20 more lbs. (I am 20lbs over my personal goal now). Since that wasn't an option, she suggested a diet plan, protein shakes and bars and a low carb diet. Been there done that and it hasn't worked for me. I am meeting with a dietitian next week. I have a diet plan from the office. I'm still feeling hungry on 1200 calories but this is my first day. I hate hunger pains and stomach growling. I'm just miserable and depressed. I'm here to track my food and activity to bring to the dietitian next week so she can tweek up my diet plan. Sorry for going on, but Thank you. :smiley:

Replies

• Msshoregirl
    Msshoregirl Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Can't do 1200. Upped to 1400 and managing better but it is still a struggle.