Tips & Advice for fat loss (Chest, stomach and hips)

Options
Hey,

To date I've lost around 36kg. However, I'm having major difficulties shifting the fat from my chest, stomach and hips (muffin top).

I was told for my chest to bench press, which I already did. The only problem is that while my pecs are getting better, my moobs aren't going only standing out more.

Please someone help me with this. I'm literally looking at surgery because of this, I'm losing my motivation

Replies

• capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce fat. It will come off when it comes off unfortunately. Keep eating in a deficit and it will come off.
  • sunbeam1990
    sunbeam1990 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    capaul42 wrote: »
    You can't spot reduce fat. It will come off when it comes off unfortunately. Keep eating in a deficit and it will come off.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I know doing specific areas is impossible, just it doesn't seem to shift at all & it's been like 8 months
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately where and when it comes off is genetic. It sucks. I'm almost to my goal weight (only 12lbs to go) and still have a fair amount of fat in my stomach area. It'll go eventually but it's slow and stubborn.
  • Annahbananas
    Annahbananas Posts: 284 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    With fat, it's completely random. We can't focus on specific areas first :(

I so wished we could tho

I've lost 60 lb so far and it seems it did everything but my tummy lol
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    capaul42 wrote: »

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I know doing specific areas is impossible, just it doesn't seem to shift at all & it's been like 8 months

Are you not losing any fat? If so, you need to cut calories.
  • VisofSer
    VisofSer Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Have you either lost weight, had your measurements reduce, gotten into clothing of a smaller size, or had a reduction in BF% compared to a previous measurements with a reliable test such as calipers or DEXA in the past 6 weeks?

If yes, stick with it. You are doing well and heading down the path even if it feels long. As with many things, the change we want most often comes last.

If no, change something. More activity, different activity, less food, diet break then return. Don't just sit there doing the same thing after a sensible period of time and expect different results.