Which allowance to follow

Options
I'm new to mfp and have my Fitbit synced to it. I'm wondering which site should I follow for my calories. Yesterday I nailed my goal on Fitbit but had calories left over according to mfp, this gave me a net of only 769 calories for the day but if I eat to the amount that mfp had set me I'm gonna be over on Fitbit.
Maybe I'm being thick, but would love some help if possible 5ob03ysy5dxk.png
ppi3g4bwovzg.png
b74njke09tko.png

Replies

• WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    If you'd looked again at your FitBit ap at 11:59 pm, it might have mentioned you still had food to eat. At 2 pm, you'd eaten enough, but you keep burning calories after 2 pm.

I honestly suggest following MFP's goal. For the most part, if you're just letting FitBit do it's thing, and not adding extra exercise on your own to the log, and you're weighing your food to make sure your MFP logs are accurate for intake, you should probably try to "net" the 1200. Netting 700 on a regular basis will leave you very grumpy after a few days.

In my experience.
  • AmandaIsherwood3
    AmandaIsherwood3 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    WBB55 wrote: »
    If you'd looked again at your FitBit ap at 11:59 pm, it might have mentioned you still had food to eat. At 2 pm, you'd eaten enough, but you keep burning calories after 2 pm.

I honestly suggest following MFP's goal. For the most part, if you're just letting FitBit do it's thing, and not adding extra exercise on your own to the log, and you're weighing your food to make sure your MFP logs are accurate for intake, you should probably try to "net" the 1200. Netting 700 on a regular basis will leave you very grumpy after a few days.

In my experience.

Thank you for your response xx
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    My guess is that you don't have a 1000 calorie deficit on MFP (probably because it's too aggressive of a goal for what you have to lose). Looks like you have about a 580 calorie deficit on MFP (roughly 1.16 lb per week loss).

Weight loss recommendations:
    • No more than 1% body weight per week
    • 0.5 lbs per week if you have less than 25 lbs to lose
    • 1 lb per week if you have 25-50 lbs to lose
    • 1.5 lb per week if you have 50-75 lbs to lose
    • 2 lbs per week if you have 75+ lbs to lose

• WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    Actually, if your settings are the same as mine, even your MFP intake would go up a bit more. If I myself had take that picture at 2 pm, I'd know that I'd burn at least another 600 calories only breathing and sitting by midnight. MEANING if I myself had seen that, I'd know I could eat about 1000 more calories that day and stay at my 1000 calorie deficit.

Check that day again (or is that today still for you?). Did you burn about 3000 calories total that day?
  • AmandaIsherwood3
    AmandaIsherwood3 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    My guess is that you don't have a 1000 calorie deficit on MFP (probably because it's too aggressive of a goal for what you have to lose). Looks like you have about a 580 calorie deficit on MFP (roughly 1.16 lb per week loss).

Weight loss recommendations:
    • No more than 1% body weight per week
    • 0.5 lbs per week if you have less than 25 lbs to lose
    • 1 lb per week if you have 25-50 lbs to lose
    • 1.5 lb per week if you have 50-75 lbs to lose
    • 2 lbs per week if you have 75+ lbs to lose

Yes my deficit is only 580 on mfp as you said the lowest is 1200.

I've realised that I haven't adjusted for the weight I have already lost, all
    I been thinking is I had 75+ to lose, I haven't taken in to account that I don't need to lose that much anymore. I'm going to adjust both to maybe 1lb a week as my goal is another 40lbs