Polar FT7 acting up

Options
Lately, my FT7 seems to have trouble getting a signal from the transmitter from time to time. Not every work out, but at least once a week it does this. I've tried tightening the band, making sure the fabric contacts are good and wet, but the problem can still occur.

Any ideas?

L

Replies

• satch45
    satch45 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    have you tried washing it as is recommended?
  • AniMarieSt
    AniMarieSt Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Actually I've been having the same issue w/mine (same model). I wash and rinse it after each use as recommended.

It seems to happen when I'm in weird positions (during pilates) or if I'm 2 hours into a workout.

I think sometimes it might actually need re-wetted (though you'd think sweat would help). Or that it gets some sort of interference from my bra (sorry if TMI) being over it or from the machines own heart rate monitors (treadmills, ellipticals, etc). I think it's kind of cool how the treadmills and ellipticals can pick up my heart rate from the strap, with me just standing there (hands not on the machine's sensor).

~ Joanna
  • MsElphaba
    MsElphaba Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I do wash and rinse it every use. Glad to know others have the problem, too, and it's not anything serious. Just seems it acts up when someone is really curious to see it work LOL
  • M12e31g
    M12e31g Posts: 38
    Options
    Is it the "check transmitter" or whatever message? Mine keeps doing that as well. I was wondering if it's the TV or DVD player interacting with it, since it only seems to be when I have high paced music going (TurboFire, Wii Zumba, etc.). It's really bothering me, because then I stop my workout to fix it. I had pondered contacting Polar, but I don't want to lose my HRM!
  • Eve1972
    Eve1972 Posts: 297
    Options
    I just sent my FT40 back because it was doing the same thing. I only had t for 6 months, so was NOT a happy camper. The place I bought it from sent it to Polar to have them look at it. I should have it back or a new one in a week or two.

This seems to be a common problem from what I researched, so I am starting to think this may be because of a defect in the straps.
  • MsElphaba
    MsElphaba Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I don't think it is any interference. Both places I use it most it works most of the time, just has these moments. I will keep an eye on it and if it gets too bad I will call Polar.

Thanks!
    L
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Have you also tried changing the battery in the transmitter?

Sometimes you may have gotten a bad battery in transit and it may need to be changed.

I have an FT7 and only had that problem once.. and it's because I did not wet the sensors enough.
  • lil_pulp
    lil_pulp Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I just sent my FT40 back because it was doing the same thing. I only had t for 6 months, so was NOT a happy camper. The place I bought it from sent it to Polar to have them look at it. I should have it back or a new one in a week or two.

This seems to be a common problem from what I researched, so I am starting to think this may be because of a defect in the straps.
    I hope you'll post an update after you get it back, as I think a lot of us have the same problem and are curious if sending our HRMs to Polar might remedy it. Thanks! - LP
  • Eve1972
    Options
    I will for sure post an update. It is far to common of a problem for it to be anything BUT a defect in my opinion. I always washed it correctly, it was tight, I changed the battery and definitely wet it enough.
  • Eve1972
    Options
    I got my Polar back today, the guy just said it was not fixable and gave me a brand new one since it was under warranty. I asked if he knew what was broken on it, but he wasn't the stores main Polar guy, so he didn't know. Let's hope this one works better then the last!
  • lil_pulp
    lil_pulp Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this update! I might see if I can send mine back too.