Shaving at the gym?

Options
Question for the ladies who get ready for work at the gym. Do you guys shave your legs/armpits/etc at the gym? I'm just getting into this and it would seem weird to shave there, but I want to go every morning and don't want to have to shower again at home just to shave. Thanks!

Replies

• Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Yes, I often shave at the gym.
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I don't but that's because I workout early in the morning before work, and the goal is to get in and get out. My gym shower is simply to defunk, and my shower at home is for shaving/conditioning my hair and all that stuff. Plenty of women do it there though so I don't think it's an issue.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    I don't shave at the gym usually.
    I use the shower at the gym to wash all the sweat off but don't get into any major grooming there. I soap up and rinse off at the gym.
    At home I will take a more in depth shower.
    But do whatever works for you. A quick shave at the gym is fine. I see ladies do it all the time.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    It's not allowed at mine. But I have a problem with public showers anyway so I just go home in my gross clothes and shower there.
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    Just not in the steam room. That's a constant problem with both male and female members at our fitness center.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Yes, I do. I've never really thought about whether or not it is OK. I just do it.

Schick Intuition razors ftw.
  • cecsav1
    cecsav1 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Just clean up after yourself :) I used to work at the gym. Some of the... well, we'll just say *messes* some people left behind were DISGUSTING. Hair (amongst other things) all over the shower/sink/counter... not my favorite part of the job. Lol
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    cecsav1 wrote: »
    Just clean up after yourself :) I used to work at the gym. Some of the... well, we'll just say *messes* some people left behind were DISGUSTING. Hair (amongst other things) all over the shower/sink/counter... not my favorite part of the job. Lol

eewww gross. I have a serious phobia of big hunks of hair ~shudder~

Op are your gym showers the private kind or those hideous everyone showers infront of eachother types?
    If the latter, i wouldn't shave there, if private, i don't suppose it matters. But for the love of god, do NOT leave any hair behind for the next person to have to clean up.
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I don't shave at my gym because I live close, but absolutey you can shave there.
    :-)
  • kaaaayla
    kaaaayla Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I always just wash my body at the gym, and do my hair washing/conditioning/shaving stuff at home when I have more time. Mostly because I still have to slap on some makeup and make myself look presentable for work, and I don't have time for extra stuff!
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    I don't usually due to time constraints. Today I did a quick shave (horribly done), but that is because I have a dress on today :)
  • ObsidianMist
    ObsidianMist Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I don't shave at the gym, I dunno why, it just weirds me out a little lol. I just have a quick shower to wash off my body and everything else (shaving, wet washing my hair) I do once a week at home.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    yes. i do all normal hair care at the gym but we also have large drains, so if there was a thicket trim i would imagine it would go down just fine
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    I shave about once or twice a week. If it's needed on a gym day then I shave at the gym. The only semi problem might be is if it's busy there's a 10 minute time limit on the showers since there's only 2 at my normal gym. But I'm often the only one in there so it's not too big of a deal.
  • chunky_pinup
    chunky_pinup Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I work out every morning before I go to work...so yes, I shave in the shower.

Just please...if your gym has a steam room....PLEASE don't be that gross person who shaves in there.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Yes, I often shave at the gym.

Excellent! How many calories does this burn?