Breakfast

Options
What do you recommend to eat at breakfast?
I am getting tired of the same ole oats and almond milk. I'm looking for something easy and quick to replace it.
All suggestions welcome. ☺️
And feel free to befriend me.

Replies

• sashayoung72
    sashayoung72 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I'm a coffee and protein bar kinda gal, but i like turkey polish sausage and 1 regular egg and 2 egg whites with 1 slice whole wheat bread and 1 tablespoon peanut butter with just a drizzle of honey. I'm either a very light breakfast or eat all the foods!!
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    What do you like?

Some of my go-to breakfasts are:
    Greek yogurt
    Mini egg frittatas
    Overnight oats
    Steel cut oats with fruit & protein powder
    Bagel thin with whipped cream cheese and lox
    Mashed avocado on toast
    Blueberry pancakes (I eat mine with Greek yogurt instead of syrup)
    Scrambled eggs & veggies
    Leftovers from yesterday
    Eggs on toast
    Fried egg on a sandwich slim with cheese
    Protein shake with fruit, yogurt, & protein powder
    Fried egg on a multigrain waffle
  • dlkfox
    dlkfox Posts: 463 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I love Flax Plus Raisin Bran because it stays crispy in the milk.
    Today I had a McDonalds Egg McMuffin minus the cheese for 250 calories.
  • ClarissaMcDaniel
    ClarissaMcDaniel Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Scrambled egg whites with black beans, turkey sausage, and/or avocado.
    Vanilla Greek Yogurt with Chocolate Cheerios.
    Nature's Valley makes a bread with only 40 calories a slice. Toast it and cover in PB2.
  • CateWright1
    CateWright1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Avocado toast with a teeny bit of sea salt and crushed red pepper.
    Premade egg muffin scramble (I add sausage, turkey sausage, cheese, etc) and cut fruit
    Premade healthy muffin (zucchini applesauce muffins are a favorite)
  • neckbreaka
    neckbreaka Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Slice a block of tofu in half and pan fry each side 10 min until golden brown. Eat with Sriracha Hot sauce.
  • Colt1835
    Colt1835 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    This morning I ate 266 grams of chicken breast and 85 grams of broccoli. Yesterday for breakfast I had 8 oz of white tuna a slice of white bread, and a tortilla.

I like to put a nice dent in my protein for my first meal.
  • StephanieDL1
    StephanieDL1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I love having a satisfying high-protein breakfast. However, I don't like doing meal prep for egg-items a few days in advance... it just tastes...weird when you microwave it the next day or the day after.
    I make a spicy chicken omelette. I prep the chicken the night before and chop up red peppers, green peppers and red onion the night before as well, add it all in the morning. In the morning it's just a matter of putting it all together and cooking, takes little to no time.
  • mmsilvia
    mmsilvia Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I always ate eggs, with bacon or chicken sausage and toast. But, have lately felt I needed a change too. I am on week two of making my own smoothies (great to drink at home or on the go). I blend spinach, kale, banana, watermelon, strawberries, peanut butter and some water. I slice and freeze my fruit. So in the morning all I have to do is throw it all in the blender. I was never a smoothie fan but, it tastes great and keeps me full! And the combinations are endless.
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    i am a huge egg person. I usually make those min-egg muffin cups on Sundays for a quick grab-n-go breakfast during the work week. My go to combination is eggs/eggwhites, kale, mushroom & cheese.
    I also like smoothies (now that it is hot out, hurray!). I prep the fruit in advance and pre-portion them into baggies & freeze, then all I have to do is throw it in the blender with a cup of greek yogurt.
  • k8millz
    k8millz Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    My go to lately:
    Egg or egg white omelette with shredded cheese and grated zucchini (about a half cup), turkey sausage or bacon, whole wheat English muffin one side with peanut butter and the other with mashed avocado, and big cup of green tea! Super simple and really yummy.