Newbie on a Mission

Options
Hello! I learned about this site after I downloaded this app to my phone, just to track meals & exercise. But really liking this setup! It's everything & more I've been wanting for online & moble support.

I decided earlier this year (after suffering months with ongoing, undiagnosed headaches - most likely stress/ strain) that I needed to make some changes and stick to them. With hypertension, diabetes, obesity, arthitis & addiction on both sides of my immediate family, I am the youngest & healthiest adult in my family (no diseases & kicked a nasty 6-year smoking habit). Along with being a single mother, I have the odds against me & too many reasons to maintain a healthy lifestyle.

Through my faith & determination, I am recommitting myself to making & sticking with these changes. I took almost a break from the gym this month, and CAN NOT let that happen again. So thanks to this site, I have a tool that I can use to stay motivated. Feel free to friend me - we can be encouraged together! :happy:

Replies

• melanienj
    melanienj Posts: 31
    Options
    Welcome!!! You will find great support here as you work towards accomplishing your weight loss goals!!! YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!
  • theblondegal
    Options
    I'm new to this site too! This is only my third day logging in but I've already started to notice how much it helps you stay accountable for the things you eat. Good luck to you with your weight loss goals and healthy lifestyle! You can do it! :)
  • kimberg75
    kimberg75 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! You will love it here. Great way to stay motivated and lots of friendly people for support! Good luck to you!
  • brittanibee86
    brittanibee86 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    WELCOME! I am a newbie as well and like you I have all types of things running through both sides of my family, but most of all, I want to be HEALTHY so I can truly enjoy my son as well as myself as a person so this week I was like enough is enough! I have to do something with this baggage and added this app then went to the website and was WOWED! I have never been motivated like this in my life! Good luck to you and I wish you much success!
  • Ocguevarra
    Options
    Welcome to MFP newbie!! And congratulations on your recommittment to yourself!! You deserve this! Good luck!
  • Murphk323
    Murphk323 Posts: 184
    Options
    Hey there :)
    I'm a newbie too!
    I'm really glad that I found this site, it's very helpful and seems to have a lot of supportive members!