WOW did I totally blow it today!!

Options
For whatever reason I had a bad day today! I went out and had fast food for dinner (which I have given up). I had such a craving!! I went over my calorie allowance by almost 800 calories! YIKES! I feel terrible about it and am not eating anything else for the day!! I had to confess!!

Replies

• Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I have those days more often that I like to admit, so good on you for "confessing". This is just ONE DAY, and as long as you don't start doing it all the time, this isn't even a bad thing. Good night, and see ya back on the track tomorrow. :drinker:
  • asian_angel
    Options
    Don't worry about it...it already happened so just remember tomorrow is a new day =) Make sure you eat good tomorrow though. Don't eat less than healthy amount to "make-up" for today. Just start tomorrow as a new day =)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    If your question is did you blow today, then yeah maybe so. If you rquestion is did you blow whatever weight loss/management plan you are on, then only you can answer that question by what you do tomorrow and the day after that and so on. One day of bad eating won't ruin anything other than that one day unless you let it.
  • ageros
    ageros Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Fast food calories sneak up on you fast. I can't do it anymore though. I've been eating mostly high quality meats and lots of salads. I got a fast food burger as a quick meal the other day and my stomach made me regret it later.
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    We all have those days. Only robots never have them. So don't let it get to you and get back at it tomorrow!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Depending on your deficit, you might still be under your maintenance for the day... but if not, just plan out a healthy eating day for tomorrow.
    For me, it seems to be better to give in to those cravings, as long as it only happens occasionaly. I find that then I'm able to get on with eating healthy and don't obsess about the object of my craving anymore.
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    You should think of having some veggies for dinner. When you wake up tomorrow it's a new day....Walk a little more, workout a little longer....you can make up for it. It happens to everyone : )
  • rnprincess
    rnprincess Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I have those days more often that I like to admit, so good on you for "confessing". This is just ONE DAY, and as long as you don't start doing it all the time, this isn't even a bad thing. Good night, and see ya back on the track tomorrow. :drinker:

Yes, it is one day, and some times you just have to do it-and get it out of your system. At least you did the correct thing by logging it and acknowledging the behavior. You caanot change unless you acknowledge behavior and move on.
    Best wishes to you!
  • along21291
    along21291 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about it. This happened to me I ended up going over 1000 calories over my limit and still ended up down 2 pounds for the week because all my other days were right at my calorie allotment. Keep on plugging away :)
  • mikeyken
    mikeyken Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I usually cheat one day over the weekend and have something bad. I still record it, but I don't let it bother me. If I don't have a indulgence every once in a while I feel like I'm punishing myself and that I won't be able to stick to my diet once I lose the weight. You'll be fine. Just keep working.
  • Ocguevarra
    Options
    You are not the only one...I can relate!! But its what you do tomorrow that really counts!! Don't be too hard on yourself-just regroup and know that it happens to the best of us! Be strong tomorrow...I know you can do it!
  • perrytyra
    perrytyra Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I went over about that much also. I didn't realize there was going to be so much good food at a party I went to this evening. It was for the youth group, and I geuss I expected hot dogs and chips, which I am pretty good at avoiding. But there was much more. I would have been more careful earlier in the day if I had known.
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    One day of bad eating won't ruin anything other than that one day unless you let it.
    YES!
  • groovyfirechick
    Options
    Thanks for all the support everyone! I did well today so far and have been tracking my calories closely :) Back on track!!!
  • darconnor
    darconnor Posts: 49
    Options
    A pound is 3500 calories. So, no harm, no foul; You are in great shape. Make sure you continue on the road. Don't look back. Look forward. Drink plenty of water to flush the sodium. The worse thing, from my experience, is to beat yourself up over it. It is counter-productive. Kudos on your journey so far.