Shaving at the gym?

2»

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    I shave in the shower after my workout, but do not typically shave in the squat rack.

Too busy playing on your phone between sets to shave?
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    jemhh wrote: »
    I shave in the shower after my workout, but do not typically shave in the squat rack.

Giggity.
  • deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member

Hey, my workout selfies aren't going to post themselves.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member

Hey, my workout selfies aren't going to post themselves.

Lol :)
  • DTrain351
    DTrain351 Posts: 37 Member
    Keep in mind that there many things "living" in the gym. I've had friends get serious infections from gym equipment as well as bad fungal stuff from the showers/bathroom areas. And these were nice gyms. Anymore gyms are like hospitals with lots of problems for the unsuspecting. Be careful.
  • ReneeDawalga5100
    ReneeDawalga5100 Posts: 177 Member
    For the record, I had to Google 'thicket'.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    hey if u need to shave then shave. just clean up any hair afterwards.
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    We have individual shower cubicles at my gym so it's never occurred to me that I wouldn't shave my armpits or legs in there. I do make sure to do it at the beginning of the shower so any hair gets washed away and not left lingering for the next person.
    Honestly I've seen women do all kinds of odd stuff in the gym changing rooms. You will have to try much harder to freak anyone out
  • Katleskin
    Katleskin Posts: 111 Member
    I don't, no. Even if it wasn't explicitly prohibited at my gym/pool, public wash spaces can be pretty manky, I don't want to spend any more time in there than is required. I shower and wash my hair (because if I didn't I would look like Mad Madam Mim!) then get the heck outta there. Also, I find my skin reacts better if I shave in an evening (rather than morning) so I prefer to do it at home before I go to bed. So long as your gym doesn't have a problem and you're fine with it, go ahead, I've seen 'stranger' behaviour.
  • Marshachia
    Marshachia Posts: 16 Member
    DTrain351 wrote: »
    Keep in mind that there many things "living" in the gym. I've had friends get serious infections from gym equipment as well as bad fungal stuff from the showers/bathroom areas. And these were nice gyms. Anymore gyms are like hospitals with lots of problems for the unsuspecting. Be careful.

One of the reasons why I prefer to do workout at home.
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    I don't even shower at the gym ;)
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    My gym has just one shower for men and one for women, in a private bathroom. I don't like to shave there just in case someone is waiting for the shower.
  • Shana67
    Shana67 Posts: 680 Member
    So, I do shave there. But typically what I do is shave at night when I get home from work. Thus eliminating the need to shave the next AM at the gym :)