Question/ poll

Options
Is it better to go on a run in the morning or at night? If in the morning do you have breakfast before or after your run? And if night do you eat anything before you go to bed?

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    It's all personal preference.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    That's going to depend on you. What do you prefer and what can you adhere to? Whatever works best for you is the best time and way to do it.
  • Kanyon17
    Kanyon17 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I prefer to run in the morning before breakfast. But I think it really is a personal choice, I don't think there is only 1 good answer :)
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    It's better to do it when ever you will actually do it. And eat whenever it works best for you.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    At night I can't see where I'm going and crash into things.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Where I live, def in the morning, 105 heat index today.. I cannot even attempt to walk let alone run at 8:00 p.m.. if want to breathe I have to run in the a.m. .

Depends on where you live, how and when you like to workout.. when you are most motivated and of course what the weather is in your neck of the woods.
  • megann120
    megann120 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I run every other day first thing in the morning. It is a short jog, maybe 20 min, plus 10 min marching. On empty stomach, just water before.
    I like it because it gives me energy boost and the time does not disrupt my day.
    It's all personal preference...
  • SKME2013
    SKME2013 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I usually run in the mornings before breakfast, but...if I go for a long run over 15km than I will have breakfast before. Also, two weeks or so before a race I try to change my running times to the times the race will take place.
    Stef.
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    Week days I run/work out right after work 5:15ish. Cool down, shower, dinner at 7/7:30. Saturday mornings are for my long run. Wake up, take care of some personal matters, warm up and run. Cool down, shower then breakfast.

To answer the question, either. Dinner after run in the PM, Breakfast after the run on Saturdays.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Weekdays I run after work, before tea. Weekends it's in the morning, after breakfast.
  • wonko221
    wonko221 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I live in a rather warm and often humid climate. Morning runs are about the only way i can make it outdoors, and i find the treadmill a bit tedious; so i prefer mornings.

When i wake up, i'll hit the restroom, get dressed, and drink about 8-12 oz of water before i head to the park. I run 5k before going home. Once there, i'll drink another 24 oz of water and cool down a bit before jumping in the shower.

i find that my days start off a lot better after a run. I've accomplished something already. My body feels good. I've got energy. Just sets a great tone for the rest of my day.
  • vittist
    vittist Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am running in the morning as it is so hot where I live in the evening now. I actually prefer evening runs though as I find I am hungry all day after morning runs and my main meal is in the evening so I like to think to rise in metabolism a run gives me helps to cancel out a few of the extra calories I eat at dinner time.