ToM foods - for the ladies

KBrenOH
KBrenOH Posts: 704 Member
edited September 29 in Food and Nutrition
Hi guys - I've a question for you ladies out there.

When I get towards the date that I should start my cycle, and the first few days of my cycle, I feel super bloated; mainly I'm guessing from water retention.
I know I probably should try to keep my sodium levels lower at that point, but are there any suggestions that you have to help combat that feeling/effect? I know Midol says it helps with that, but I'm not really supposed to take that (and it's never worked anyways for the other wonderful effects of ToM).

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Gemini_1980
    Gemini_1980 Posts: 349 Member
    Drink lots of water:bigsmile: I drink about 14-16 cups a day and it helps with the water retention:sad:
  • bump
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Midol doesn't work for me either... but Pamprin does.
    If you can take that, try it.
    And yes I agree.. water water water.
  • LauraMarie37
    LauraMarie37 Posts: 283 Member
    I just sort of accept it and know I will get a boost in a few days when I "magically" lose 2-3 pounds of water weight overnight.
  • etaven
    etaven Posts: 25
    All I know was that I was nearing that point today and wanted to eat everything in sight, hah! Thanks for holding on (just barely), self control!
  • Terri_39
    Terri_39 Posts: 122
    I have posted this same question...lol! The advice I was given was to drink LOTS of water. I have to have Midol for my TOM, I couldn't function otherwise.
  • KBrenOH
    KBrenOH Posts: 704 Member
    All I know was that I was nearing that point today and wanted to eat everything in sight, hah! Thanks for holding on (just barely), self control!

LOL Etaven - I SO hear you on that. I am craving all kinds of junk food at this point and I refuse to eat it because of the sodium levels. But oh what I wouldn't give for a Chipotle Chicken fajitia bowl lol.

Thanks again everyone -- I'll try to up my water intake over the course of the next few days.
This discussion has been closed.