How can I get rid of the "You've earned X calories" statemen

Options
FittingIn
FittingIn Posts: 162 Member
Just because I burned 600 calories in a day, doesn't mean that I want to eat an extra 600 calories worth of food (okay, maybe it does but I'm not going to do it). :-)

Is there a way to change the remaining calorie total so it just shows me the remaining balance for my 1,900 calorie diet (and it won't include the exercise amount?

I suppose I could just delete the exercise info from my goals if there isn't a better way to do it.

Thanks!

Replies

• evolisa
    evolisa Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just mentally deduct it. I wish there was a way to remove it.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Don't log it or just leave 600 leftover for the day. Although you'll get a lot of responses saying you should be eating at least some of those burned calories. MFP is built for you to eat those calories, you'll still have a deficit.
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean! I won't eat my exercise calories either, afterall I worked hard to take them off, I'm not putting them back with food. lol... But all I do is subtract them from my total..and keep on eating..I usually have calories left over anyways . :wink:
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    The only way for it not to how up is to not log your exercise.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Short answer, NO, you can't remove it. Long answer, read the thread on why you should eat back your exercise cals. If you are very overweight, you can get away with not doing this, if you are close to goal or only have 10-15 lbs to lose you WILL have to. There are hundreds of people on MFP who will vouch for that.

If you really, really don't want to eat them back and hate that it adds it then just don't add the exercise, than ta da, problem solved! If you want to remember when you worked out for how long etc. just make a note on your food journal under the notes section.
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Yup, just don't log your exercise if you don't want to just ignore them. Shouldn't be that big of a deal.
  • littlemissanguissette
    littlemissanguissette Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I just log my exercises at the end of the night. I finish all my food, go and add in my exercise, then complete the day. I wait until right before bed.
  • FittingIn
    FittingIn Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I just log my exercises at the end of the night. I finish all my food, go and add in my exercise, then complete the day. I wait until right before bed.

Excellent ideas!

Thanks for the feedback everyone!
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I personally do not use the nutritional recommendations of MFP at all. They calculate me as needing a mere 1200 calories a day. I immediately changed that to what I know works for me. (I didn't join MFP until very late in my weight loss journey). I have always enjoyed between 1500-1600 per day with exercise.

I suppose technically I would have left the 1200 alone, added my exercise hoping the numbers were about 300-400 cals. burned a day, and it might have been about the same results...

But I don't like doing it that way. I have my goals, I plan ahead for my goals, and no "exercise calories" are changing that. It's hard to plan ahead when you don't really know ahead of time how many exercise calories you are going to have. So that's why I do it. I log my exercises in the notes section of the food (when I am actually logging, that is) that way I can see what I did when.

I also don't believe any of the calories burned calculators. MFP is different from other websites which is different from BodyBugg which is different from all HRMs (which tend to all be different from each other). So I don't waste my time getting overworked with trying to determine how many calories I burned off during my workouts.

This is just me, though. It works for me and I don't have to micromanage everything in my life either. I just spend one day a week planning out next week's meals for all 7 days, eat what's on the plan only, be sure to exercise, and don't worry about the rest. (Isn't that what millions of dieters used to do before MFP was invented anyway? It worked back then...as long as they didn't "fad diet"...and it works today).