5.5 months in. Down 49 lbs. - Headed to the beach! SNACK SUGGESTIONS?

Options
TracyYates
TracyYates Posts: 28 Member
edited June 2016 in Food and Nutrition
What are your go-to snacks for a week at the beach? - Thanks y'all!

Replies

• MlleKelly
    MlleKelly Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    A week at the beach?! Wow, have fun!

I always pack a cooler, not just for my bevvies and sunscreen, but for grapes, sandwich fixins like deli meat and cheese, carrot sticks, etc. If you have a beach house or even a hotel room with a kitchenette, find a grocery store and stock up on what you usually have at your house.
  • Calibrate
    Calibrate Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Jicama!
  • texasleahgirl
    texasleahgirl Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I took pocket bread stuffed with turkey breast, pineapple and spinach (no dressing). Some days I added grapes instead of pineapple. It was so juicy, flavorful and filling I never felt the need to snack on all the chips and cookies that others brought. This helped me keep my calories low during the day so when we went out to the seafood restaurants at night I did not limit myself at all. I came home having maintained my 15lb weight loss so it was a win for me!
  • TracyYates
    TracyYates Posts: 28 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    @texasleahgirl - Pineapple and grapes in the sandwich? Oh YUMMY! Thanks! (And congrats on the weight loss!)
  • skinnyforhi
    skinnyforhi Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    That turkey pita idea is great. I pack a cooler with things like fruit (watermelon, grapes, berries) string cheese, plenty of fancy water (IDK why but it makes me feel less deprived in this type of situation) and cut veggies. Maybe toss in some hummus if you need a dipper.
  • texasleahgirl
    texasleahgirl Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    @TracyYates - yes, if i put a slightly juicy fruit inside my sandwich then I don't miss the mayo . Not too juicy though, watermelon would ruin the pita :) and @skinnyforhi that fancy water idea is a great one! Drinking Fiji water on the beach sounds much better than the generic bottled tap water.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    I live in San Diego sooo many meals at the beach. Love wraps, hummus and veggies and pita bread, watermelon, pineapple, pb&j. We bbq at the beach a lot we have one of those little coleman camping grills. Really anything hand held is great.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I don't really think about it. Hours on the beach is a welcomed distraction from eating. I might bring some jerky just in case I get hungry, but otherwise I'll walk and get some sun...tan and deficit baby.
  • Hope228
    Hope228 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    No suggestions but I want to congratulate you on your weight loss!
  • the_new_mark_2017
    the_new_mark_2017 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    50lbs down in 5.5 months is great! Keep it up! :)