Ketogenic Diet

Options
froyseef
froyseef Posts: 52 Member
After only 3 months of Ketogenic Diet with no carb cheats, all of my numbers have improved drastically and I am down over twenty pounds. No cravings at all for the first time in my life. Loving Ketogenic and this app.

Replies

• ChaoticMiNd
    ChaoticMiNd Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I love it too. Have to force myself to eat. That never happens lol.
  • CallMePat
    CallMePat Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I really like the way keto keeps me even all day.
  • dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    @froyseef well done!
  • froyseef
    froyseef Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I am a believer. No cravings, good numbers and slow, but steady weight and inch losses.
    Feel fantastic!
  • ReadingCat
    ReadingCat Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Yep! If I just reduce calories I am dying with hunger and cravings, keto and I am in control.
  • muzikannisa
    muzikannisa Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi please share steps for keto diet.. thank you
  • sarahlockhartragland
    Options
    Hello I’m a 38 year old mother of three decided to try to have our last baby about 8mths ago i removed my iUD and now i have irregular cycles and have put on about 10lbs i have high blood pressure as well. I want to be healthy while losing weight and helping my body regulate so i can get pregnant in the next few months.

I have been told about the Keto diet and would love to learn more and have a support team. I’m a full time nursing student after deciding to make a career change so i looking for simplicity in eating as my time is consumed with studies,Clinicals, and being a mother and wife.
  • tolorii
    tolorii Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I started keto for the mental clarity and focus that lots of people rave about (I'm studying atm and any added edge I can give myself all the better haha), and I'm surprised at how much weight has come off in such a short space of time. Considering I came into it with the INTENTION of it being a short-term experiment, I'm going to have to reintroduce carbs slowly and carefully or else I think the sudden carb-water-bloat will send me spiralling haha
  • All1971
    All1971 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    congratulations - its not always a smooth journey - keep calm and keto on. Also, remember how you gained the weight in the first place and, no matter what, don't do that again :-)
  • SaraNicoleTrain89
    Options
    Looking to start Keto with the husband and I feel so lost! ANy good websites or blogs I should visit?
  • ElGoli
    ElGoli Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Amazing, can you share with us how you did this?
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    ReadingCat wrote: »
    Yep! If I just reduce calories I am dying with hunger and cravings, keto and I am in control.

but that is what you are doing with Keto, reducing calories, only reason you lose weight. what you are doing is eating a higher % of your total diet from foods that you find satiating
  • RevCO30
    RevCO30 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    SaraNicole-if you haven't already calculated your macros for Keto visit this site. It helped me.
    https://www.perfectketo.com/keto-macro-calculator/
  • pdxhak
    pdxhak Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    However, if you're just doing for weight loss then plan to add carbs back into your diet (bread, potatoes, and even foods you enjoy), then expect a hefty weight regain due to glycogen and water reinfusing your cells.

What does hefty weight gain mean? 20-30 lbs?

Assuming the calorie intake remained the same then why would anyone gain a lot of weight by adding carbs back to their diet?
  • All1971
    All1971 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    When you eat carbs your body retains more salt and water for as long as you continue to eat carbs. That is why most people on a low carb diet experience a big weight loss in the first week. If you eat keto - then you are eating a minimal amount of carbs and you will retain a minimal amount of water and salt.
  • BettyDares
    BettyDares Posts: 1,498 Member
    Options
    While I’ve been doing the LCHF thing for a bit (with a big break in strictness recently) I am getting back to it and on day 3 of a strict keto diet. I’ve found the Reddit communities for Keto really great and supportive resources plus the Low Carb Daily group here on MFP. It may not work for everyone, but I think it can be a great fit for some folks! I’m no poster child with only 15 lbs. lost but I know I’ve gained some muscle and lost inches (says the pants I couldn’t wear before) and I’m hoping more to follow. ;)

Reddit Keto forum https://reddit.com/r/keto/
    Lady-specific Keto Reddit forum https://reddit.com/r/xxketo/
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!