Shorties!!!

Options
i am 5 foot 0. I seem to put on weight so much easier than my taller friends.
I have been yoyoing for years and would love to lose the weight and form a healthier relationship with food whilst also becoming fitter.
I would love to lose about 28lbs(2 stone) but I want to do it healthily this time as anytime I've crash dieted it has come back twice the amount!
I am currently 139lbs and would love to be around 112lbs(8 stone) or there abouts!
Is there anyone out there in the same boat and if so would you like to form a support group and we could set some small realistic goals, food wise and exercise?

Replies

• ScotsLass78
    ScotsLass78 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Oh me too....I'm 5'1" (if I stand up really straight haha!) and I definitely pile it on quicker than my taller friends and family.

I need to lose quite a lot, I am taking it slowly and I've lost about 11bs over 11 weeks, which I'm happy with especially considering I had a 2 week holiday when I pretty much stuffed my face with junk food and alcohol!
    Feel free to add me, I could probably do with setting up small goals with someone else to help me keep myself accountable :)
  • Bevfabulous
    Bevfabulous Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Add me as well! I'm 5'1 and I know the short girl struggle...one bad weekend I can gain three pounds! My goal is to lose 30 pounds by the holiday season :)
  • micropreemiemum
    micropreemiemum Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    5ft 1 here too! :D
  • Jay43dc
    Jay43dc Posts: 10 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    You tall ladies im 4ft 11 and know the weight loss issue. I put pounds on just looking at food and am finding MFP great at making me accountable for how much I am eating including portion control. It's going the right way on the scales now
  • snoopysgal
    snoopysgal Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    That's great that I'm not the only shortie out there!
    I am going to try short, small goals as I easily give up if I aim too high.
    I might aim to try and lose 4/5lbs by the 30th June. That's about about 1.5lbs a week.
    I'm going to try and eat as clean as I can Monday to Friday and try to keep around the 1200 calorie mark, more if I exercise.
    Unfortunately the next few weekends involve a lot of eating out and vino!
    I am going to try extra hard to make good choices food wise when out and ensure I have plenty of goodness to snack on in the house too.
    Would anyone be on for a weekly Friday weigh in? It would be great to hear any good recipes, tips etc!
    Here's to us shorties!!!
  • crazymama2both
    crazymama2both Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 1/2.. :) Any and all can add me. I need any and all the motivation anyone wants to give me and I send it back to you as well
  • snoopysgal
    Options
    I'm unsure as to how this works. Do we add each other(if so, how?) or do we just comment on this forum?
    Thanks.
  • ScotsLass78
    Options
    I think you can start a group, I'll have a look now and report back! :)
  • ScotsLass78
    Options
    So yes, you can create a group which is probably easier than on this thread.

If everyone is ok with joining the group, I don't minds setting it up?
  • snoopysgal
    Options
    Count me in!Thanks a million!
  • Nellegurl
    Nellegurl Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Short girls unite!! Add me if you like. Im 5'2" looking to drop about anywhere from 25 to 40 pounds. I weigh 209 and i just want to go back to my 180 pound body. But I'm thinking that I'll be inspired to lose more once i hit that mark. Birthday is on October so I definitely want to at least be at the 180 and below mark by then
  • ScotsLass78
    Options
    Ok, so I've set the group up (Shorties Unite!) so if you'd like to join, go to Groups in I think you just join it. :)
  • MrsPeccia
    MrsPeccia Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Mariah from Oregon and I'm 5'2! Looking for new friends, add me(:
  • demsjtk
    demsjtk Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Count me in too, please! I'm 5'1" and looking to lose 15-20 more lbs. :)
  • jreilly711
    jreilly711 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm 4"11 and weigh 135. I would LOVE to be 105. It would be my dream. I use to be thin but after a few health issues I put on weight and now need to lose it all. Add me if you would like to keep each other motivated
  • ejbronte
    ejbronte Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Hi fellow shorties: you can do it! I'm five feet tall, and 57 years old. After about 9 months, I lost 34 pounds and am hold fairly steady at maintenance weight of between 104 and 107 for almost a year (I did go over this weekend because of lots of salt, but I expect to lose that sodium weight in a couple of days).

Do it slow and steady, and most important, enjoy the journey by eating less but enjoying what you do eat.
  • newereveryday
    newereveryday Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I'm all of 5'1.5" and get so frustrated on the treadmill! While 2.7 may not seem like a fast pace, it takes a lot for short legs to keep up with that!
  • suzilla53
    suzilla53 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' even, yep, 2.7 mph is all I can do on the treadmill too.My hubby doesn't understand why I can't keep up with him.I would love to join the group.
  • lauriejeansouza
    lauriejeansouza Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    lol! I will be your short friend too! So, check it out. I have always been discipline, work out, nutrition, ect and have held my weight at 110. However, for the last 3 years I have gained about 8 pounds. So, I'm back at it and with you all!
  • marinashakeel
    marinashakeel Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I am 5'0 and 128lbs.trying to lose around 20 lbs. Add me too.