Trying to loose 100 pounds Again!

Options
Well my name is jackie. I've always had a big problem with my weight it's so frustrating! In 2009 at my highest weight of 306 while in high school I began my weight loss journey. I worked out 5-7 times a week and with a good diet I lost 100 pounds( took me about 8-9 months) to get there. Little by little I began to gain weight now 6 years later I'm back to my almost 306 from high school (300lb) on May 27th I woke up one morning looked at myself in shame "how can I let myself go back to this weight".. All my hard work 6 years ago basically for nothing. :s I'm down 15lb so far (285) and I plan on keeping this off this time.. I just need more motivation.

Replies

• Godsgirl42
    Godsgirl42 Posts: 3,490 Member
    Options
    Don't look at yourself in shame...shame is so dark!! You've already started again and should feel proud of that!!! We have a private ladies group that encourages, motivates, challenges and helps keep each other accountable with a points game. If you're interested in joining or checking us out send me a private message and I'll send you an invitation. Have a healthy day!
  • 2bjemm
    2bjemm Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Im trying to lose 100 lbs as well. Its been a struggle but not impossible. Feel free to add me and we can motivate each other :)
  • dianesc67
    dianesc67 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Would be happy to be a buddy!! My goal is almost 100 lbs.. down 25..and taking it 25 at a time...Congrats on your loss so far...that's awesome! !
  • newereveryday
    newereveryday Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I've been there, too. Five years ago, I went from 275 to 145. I gained all but 15 pounds of that back and it took me a long, long time to let go of the guilt and shame associated with the re-gain.

Now, I live my user name. I'm newer every day. What happened in the past doesn't matter. Each day is a fresh start.

You can do this, too!
  • ptiffyc4
    ptiffyc4 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I need a buddy, too. I'm trying to lose 100 lbs also.
  • ms_right55
    ms_right55 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm the largest I've ever been now at 255. It's so hard. I never had back pain until now even being heavy chested. Whenever I do manage a big weight loss I always seem to plateau around 190 lbs. I'm hoping for and working towards a different result this time
  • chimonetabron2014
    chimonetabron2014 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I completely understand where you are coming from! Feel free to add me! Congrats on your progress!! Take it one day at a time!
  • leena142
    leena142 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is leena , my highest was 240 I lost 32 pounds then I was 207 i gain back now 220 I started from today I want to be 150 I want to lose 70 pounds
  • sladamssr
    sladamssr Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I was in your same boat. I lost 100, then I was just lazing about and focused on work and other things, but not healthy living. I gained 80 of that back and now I'm losing again. Sadly the weight is dropping at a much slower pace now than it did 2 years ago...But one step at a time, one prayer at a time, one meal at a time, one day, and sometimes one 1/2 pound at a time. :)
  • grigglipuff
    grigglipuff Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    You can do it!
  • mczarnowski
    mczarnowski Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    OMG, although I may not have as much to lose as you, I totally understand your feelings. I was a size 22 about 10 years ago. I was laid off and decided to relocate and worked with a trainer and joined weight watchers. I dropped to a size 10. I couldn't keep it off and stay on track and was up to a size 16. My sister-in-law recently passed of cancer and I decided to concentrate on a lifestyle I can live with. If you ever want some tips, let me know. The biggest I can give the group is add more protein and drop sugar where you can. Take care and you are not alone. You should feel good that you took that first step. I know I am even though I still jiggle. LOL
  • Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,426 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I've been there done that lost 200 put 1/2 back on, taking it off again.
    Feel free to add me.
  • xia2016
    xia2016 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    please add me I need a lot of motivation
  • hmark159
    hmark159 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Great job, ladies! It's such a struggle; definitely helps to have motivation and understanding from people who have been there or still are there. Let's do this!
  • TNDamisi
    TNDamisi Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me - last time I was here I lost 45 of the 70lbs I was trying to lose, but have slowly gained it all back plus 15 more. I know the struggle, so let's do this together!
  • terresy
    terresy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm Teresa and I had 65 to lose. I'm down 8 lbs. I'll turn 50 in Nov so its my goal to lose 50 lbs by then I'm doing low carb. Would love friends and support!!!
  • photog825
    photog825 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've got 100lbs to go!
  • hypodonthaveme
    hypodonthaveme Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    It takes a strong woman to get back up. That is what you did. You have lost 15 lbs so far on this journey. That says, you are determined. You are strong. Life is no longer beat ya down the old road. So stop beating yourself up ( there's enough of life to do that , you don't need to add to it). Chin up and keep trucking.
  • ManateToMermaid
    ManateToMermaid Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Don't be ashamed of gaining it back just take that energy to refocus yourself!

I lost 100lbs 3 years ago and I'm back here again... This time it will be forever
  • stilltrusting
    stilltrusting Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    The most successful way of eating/support group I've found is the Ketogenic Dieters page on Facebook. It is NOT the LCHF version of keto, which was initially designed for epilepsy patients. It's a low carb, moderate fat, and adequate protein approach...all based on the research of Dr. Phinney & Dr. Volek. I'm down 37 lbs in just over 9 weeks, but the best part is that it's a sustainable way of eating.