What liquids do you drink?

Options
I was just looking to see if any members have lost weight not drinking just all water. Have you list weight drinking pop, milk, juice, tea and some water.

I hate just drinking water and gave up most of my pop but I love pop.
I would like to keep drinking it just maybe half of what I use to. I do drink cranberry juice and tea.

Replies

• fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    i drink mostly water but thats because I have a pretty low calories allowance for 250-500 deficit. On days i am really active I guzzle Mexican Coke like its my job. I love soda.. all soda, but I gotta choose to eat or drink my calories. Same with juice.. i love it.. especially if there is champagne in it haha. Days i am lazy = water and maybe milk in smoothie. Days I kick *kitten* = water, soda, beer, whiskey, champagne etc etc etc. If i had more calories I would probably drink soda all day like a king.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    Mostly water and black coffee. Beer, wine. Champagne, vodka on occasion too.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I drink water, tea, diet soda, juice, protein shakes, milk, beer, hard liquor (whiskey, rum, vodka, etc.), coffee, milkshakes, etc.

No particular drink or drinks will magically make you gain or lose weight, the overall calorie intake is what matters. Calories in < calories out, don't make it any more complicated than it has to be.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    As long as you're still in a calorie deficit, you'll lose weight. I drink water (plain or Sparkling Ice) and Diet Dr Pepper, because I prefer to eat my calories rather than drink them. Except if I want an occasional Frappuccino.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Have you ever tried McDonald's water?
    I think it's awesome.
    It's made by using reverse osmosis.
    http://markproffitt.com/2011/02/15/secret-to-why-mcdonalds-coke-tastes-best/
    Maybe something to try the next time you out driving in a hot day.
    $1 for a the large cup. Instead of tea, ask for water.
  • pdxwine
    pdxwine Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Water and wine, for me.
  • cecsav1
    cecsav1 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Water, coffee (with two tsp creamer and one packet stevia), unsweetened tea, and every so often a Rockstar Punched Zero (sugar free energy drink) for me.
  • sappermuff
    sappermuff Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Water, black coffee, beer and Laphroaig.
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Crystal Light, black coffee or coffee with sugar free syrups, Truvia, and/or 25 cal cashew milk, diet soda, sparkling water.

On Fridays, I drink some booze like beer, gin, spiced rum, etc, usually the spirits with diet mixers.

I try avoid drinking calories like the plague as a general rule.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    Have you ever tried McDonald's water?
    I think it's awesome.
    It's made by using reverse osmosis.
    http://markproffitt.com/2011/02/15/secret-to-why-mcdonalds-coke-tastes-best/
    Maybe something to try the next time you out driving in a hot day.
    $1 for a the large cup. Instead of tea, ask for water.

their coke is so damn good. fountain soda in general is way better then canned/bottled.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Generally speaking:
    Water
    tea
    wine
    and sometimes smoothies.
  • markrgeary1
    markrgeary1 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I drink with the cows.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Water, coffee (often with cream and Splenda), gold peak diet sweet tea, diet Snapple, Coke Zero
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Water, black coffee, plain tea, and seltzer here. I can't even do diet drinks anymore - too sweet for me.
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Diet sodas, coffee, hot and cold tea, nut milks that aren't straight almond milk, seltzer water, flavored waters (MIO, Vitamin Water, etc...), lower calorie juice on a rare occasion

I don't really like alcohol. A beer for family events, maybe, but that's it.
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,964 Member
    Options
    Alcohol
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I am not a fan of soda, never have been since i was a kid, so its water the majority of the day. I have to have a glass of milk before I go to bed though. :)
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I was just looking to see if any members have lost weight not drinking just all water. Have you list weight drinking pop, milk, juice, tea and some water.

I hate just drinking water and gave up most of my pop but I love pop.
    I would like to keep drinking it just maybe half of what I use to. I do drink cranberry juice and tea.

Things I drink regularly:
    Coffee with creamer
    Diet Dr Pepper
    Diet A&W root beer
    Diet cherry limeade
    Diet raspberry snapple tea
    Diet 7up
    Hot tea (red, black, generally decaf)
    Water
    Starbucks chai latte with skim milk
    Starbucks skinny vanilla latte
    Hot chocolate
  • michelleepotter
    michelleepotter Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I regularly drink water, water with 5 calorie drink mixes, coffee (with about 70 calories worth of milk and sugar), unsweetened tea, diet soda.

I occasionally drink whiskey (straight), sweet tea, and fruit smoothies.

I rarely drink plain milk, juice, and wine.

It's all about balancing the enjoyment you get vs the calories, and making room in your daily allowance. You CAN drink anything you want. Just figure out what works for you.