edited June 2016 in Introduce Yourself
I'm Sam and I can't stop late snacking

Replies

• QueenLT75
    QueenLT75 Posts: 50 Member
    I feel yr pain ... Worst time for me
  • tboz08202016
    tboz08202016 Posts: 134 Member
    I know how I am so I don't put stuff in my house that I know is bad to put in my mouth. If you know you're going to snack, make sure all you have is healthy stuff. If I buy goodies for my daughter, I make her hide them in her room ;)
  • SamGoingHam
    SamGoingHam Posts: 34 Member
    Hi, I'm Sam. What works for me is to have cold fruits waiting for me in the refrigerator such as, apples, mangoes, pineapples etc. Flavored rice cake with some PB2 on it. Sugar free gum can help as well.
  • theWODdoll
    theWODdoll Posts: 90 Member
    I always eat right before bed because I have insulin resistance. I usually have:

1/2 cup cottage cheese
    A handful of peacans
    A few cherries or some tart cherry juice

Or

Turkey slices with avocado & 1/2 an apple.

I've lost 8 pounds so far, just don't have any junk food or heavy carbs. And make sure it's a small snack! When do you eat dinner and then how much later are you finding yourself hungry to snack? It could be a number of things- combination of what you're eating for dinner, boredom at home or often snacking at home, etc.
  • samelkareh
    samelkareh Posts: 2 Member
    Thank you for your suggestions and support. I usually have dinner around 7:00 and than I can't help munching on my kids snacks that's everywhere I go in the kitchen. Also, i usually fall asleep late around 12:00am.

I'm defently going to try having Turkey slices with an apple. Hopefully I can control the number of slices