Favorite LOW calorie foods

2»

Replies

• kerrygailis
    kerrygailis Posts: 121 Member
    My two favourite things to eat at the moment are, cauliflower stir fry and spinach salad. With the stir fry I use cauliflower, mushrooms,onions and fry them up in coconut oil then add 2 eggs at the end and stir it up. I also add some balsamic reduction at the end for a sweet flavour.
    The spinach salad is spinach leaves, tomatoe, onion, avocado and either chicken or cottage cheese or boiled eggs or even tuna. I also add balsamic reduction I am a little addicted to it
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Mini seedless cucumbers w Tampico!
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Breyer's blast ice cream
  • dlkfox
    dlkfox Posts: 463 Member
    Asparagus is ridiculously low in calories!

Air popped popcorn with a little olive oil spray.
  • jessgur
    jessgur Posts: 2 Member
    Boom chicka pop popcorn (lightly sweet) is so yummy and addictive! Only 35 calories per cup!
    I also love some good quality jerky. None of that gas station kind packed with sodium and preservatives.
    Also, watermelon with tajin seasoning. So good!!
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    dlkfox wrote: »
    Asparagus is ridiculously low in calories!

Air popped popcorn with a little olive oil spray.

And grilled asparagus is food of the gods, for realz.

Yesterday, someone left out a veggie plate at work for the taking. I took some and then left the rest for others. At the end of the day, the plate was still there untouched, so I took the rest. :p When I got home, I was starving, but had to wait for my cornbread to finish, so I dug out the veggies. One of the things I got a lot of was raw cauliflower. I whipped up some salsa mixed with tzatziki (lol, don't ask) to dip it in and my god was it awesome to eat.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    I really like the Balanced Breaks by Sargento (cheese with nuts/dried fruit). I also liked the individual packets of flavored almonds, etc.
  • xlgman
    xlgman Posts: 33 Member
    I keep some of those single serve tuna pouches in my drawer at work. No refrigeration. No can opener needed. Comes in different flavors for 80-90 calories per pouch. Mix it with hummus instead of mayo and scoop it up with some fresh veggies instead of chips or crackers.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    i wish i liked lo cal stuff.... my favorite low cal food is probably watermelon. Other then that i love all things fatty which means its loaded with cals. I also need about 3 servings of the 100 calorie serving of chips.
  • Enjcg5
    Enjcg5 Posts: 389 Member
    edited June 2016
    I love 1 egg, 1/4c egg whites and turkey sausage for breakfast! Satiating and low cal. I also pack spinach in my greek yogurt smoothies.
  • jojococopola
    jojococopola Posts: 3 Member
    I love raw cauliflower and carrots with mustard on the side. So fulfilling and watery:D
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    These are just a few of the things that I eat during the day; Eggs, rice cakes with Pb2, Greek yogurt with flax or chia seeds mixed in, fresh fruit and veggies, gluten free pretzel sticks, Almonds, plain (no butter) snack bag of popcorn, egg white omelettes with a slice of veggie cheese. Because I eat 5 small meals and one large meal a day, I try to keep high protein items on hand to keep me full.
  • agbmom556
    agbmom556 Posts: 694 Member
    bagel thins - add cream cheese and turkey, peanut butter, or make a sandwich of your choice.
    This week I had a bagel thin with pumpkin cream cheese. YUM!
  • apfeiff30
    apfeiff30 Posts: 3 Member
    sarahmict wrote: »
    So many ideas you guys have thrown out there I am excited about!!

Ummm...what is pb2?

Powdered peanut butter. Not as rich as the good stiff, but 45 calories for two tablespoons mixed with water, and 7 grams protein. I think it's very tasty! Next to the nut butters in almost any grocery store. :)

I may be different from the rest of you guys but that stuff is horrible.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Air popped popcorn
    Greek yogurt
    Apples or grapes
    43501 Posts: 85 Member
    Walcrisco toasting waffles are literally the definition of a perfect waffle and are only 70 cal a pop. They are a little bit firm on the outside and gooey on the inside and subtly sweet. At 70 cal, they are my "go to" food when I want to indulge my sweet tooth without throwing my daily cal count out the window.

Skinny Cow sundaes, 120 calories. It's a diet product but it tastes like a "real" product because the sugar replacement is maltodextrin. Don't eat any more than one or the malto will make you *kitten* your guts out next time you go to the restroom.

All fruits, but especially berries. Straw/rasp/blueberries taste like heaven and are so low calorie it's not even worth worrying about if you eat a lot.

I dunno if this counts, but I rely a lot on gum and lollipops/suckers for a sweet tooth as well. They're about 50 cal for one but the "experience" lasts for a long time and keeps your mouth busy.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    apfeiff30 wrote: »
    sarahmict wrote: »
    So many ideas you guys have thrown out there I am excited about!!

Ummm...what is pb2?

Powdered peanut butter. Not as rich as the good stiff, but 45 calories for two tablespoons mixed with water, and 7 grams protein. I think it's very tasty! Next to the nut butters in almost any grocery store. :)

I may be different from the rest of you guys but that stuff is horrible.

@apfeiff30 I buy the peanut flour with no salt or sugar, and pretty much only use it for my Asian peanut sauce. I don't really notice a difference in taste, but the calories are much lower.