I am 85 KG and 160 cm. Help me lose weight

Options
I am a 25 years old girl who is 85 KG and 160 cms in height. I a bit curvy but I think its high time for me to get rid of my weight

I work in a 10 to 6 job and I reach home by 7 pm so I have time to go to gym after that.

Can anyone here guide me on what kind of workout routine I should be following in my gym?

Also just so you know I am kind of a foodie and I like to lose the weight without killing myself dieting.

Any help is appreciated

Replies

• mayoosh_primrose
    mayoosh_primrose Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere that food is more important than exercise in weight loss, since you can work really hard then eat the calories you burnt in 2 minutes :/
    You don't have to restrict yourself very much, just eat healthy and moderately :smiley: Personally I follow a plant based diet and I eat as much as I want and still lose weight :sunglasses:

As for exercising, I do cardio and I have a stationary bike, but I'm no expert so perhaps someone else can help us with that :smile:
  • JonnyHicks
    JonnyHicks Posts: 8 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Ride a bike to work, smaller main meal plates help.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    You don't even need to go to the gym. To lose weight, you need to eat in a caloric deficit. How you create this is up to you!
  • luciacatz
    luciacatz Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You can find free workouts on youtube and fitness blender. Eat lightly after 7pm by eating fruits, yogurts. Watermelon is amazing for this time of the day bcause you can eat quite a lot to fill you up but it's not high calorie :D
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    luciacatz wrote: »
    Eat lightly after 7pm by eating fruits, yogurts. Watermelon is amazing for this time of the day bcause you can eat quite a lot to fill you up but it's not high calorie :D

Ignore points like this. Meal timing is not important! Fruit can have lots of calories due to the sugars, so beware of that.
  • Citycat2015
    Citycat2015 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Yes you need to create a calorie deficit but the key is to do it in a way that's sustainable FOR YOU. Re being a foodie - I love to cook so have embraced the challenge of creating creative dinners with plenty of volume at under 500. This has helped keep the weight loss experience positive for me as I don't feel deprived.