Water 1 cup =?

Options
Hello all was just wondering when I add my water intake each day the selection option is by cup, foes the obe cup relate to a specific amount in ml? Want to be as accurate as possible

Replies

• CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    Yes, cup measure is a specific volume. Unfortunately the exact volume depends on whether it's an American or British cup. It's around 250ml but I'll have to check the exact number.
  • Veryana
    Veryana Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I've been using 200 ml as a cup size :smile:
  • CattOfTheGarage
    Options
    An American cup is 237ml, a British cup is 284. I'm surprised by that, as I'm in the UK and my cup measure is 250ml. I use 250ml anyway.

This is why people don't like cup measures!
  • CattOfTheGarage
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Turns out I have an Australian cup measure - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cup_(unit) - what gives, Marks and Spencer?
  • VisofSer
    VisofSer Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I take it as 250ml. It makes things simple then with most bottles being 500ml or about 2 cups.
  • Stewie_Mc
    Stewie_Mc Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Ah thanks all il go for 250ml
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    I am way behind the times in the U.S.....I still use ounces for my liquid measurements :D
  • musicfan68
    musicfan68 Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    1 cup is 8 oz.
  • 1shedev
    1shedev Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I was wondering this too. Thanks for posting

• AmandaIsherwood3
    AmandaIsherwood3 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    When I'm out I use a 500ml bottle which I count as 2 glasses when I'm at home I use a pint glass which is 568ml but I just put 2 glasses down
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    tamicoil1 wrote: »
    1 cup is 8 oz.

Which is about 240 ml, since that's what the OP was asking for
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    You don't need to be super accurate on this; it doesn't matter. Just use the pee color test if you worry you might not be drinking enough. (I always drink plenty just doing what comes naturally.)
  • musicfan68
    musicfan68 Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    1 cup is 8 oz.

But when they talk about 8 cups of water, they are talking about 8 oz cups. Milliliters mean nothing to me, and I would guess most Americans since we don't use the metric system. Unless you're in the medical field.
  • wickedmaineah
    wickedmaineah Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Silly me. I dont even enter water in. No calories and no nutrients means one less entry for me. For everything else I even enter if I lick a spoon!
  • sky_northern
    sky_northern Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    1 cup is 8 oz.

But when they talk about 8 cups of water, they are talking about 8 oz cups. Milliliters mean nothing to me, and I would guess most Americans since we don't use the metric system. Unless you're in the medical field.
    Depends who 'they' are, But the OP asked specificity for milliliters. Not everyone here is American...
    Stewie_Mc wrote: »
    Hello all was just wondering when I add my water intake each day the selection option is by cup, foes the obe cup relate to a specific amount in ml? Want to be as accurate as possible